MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By gumbo23 Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:29 pm
Akai suggested I post in this forum to request that reorder features be implemented for tracks and sequences. I can see that people have been asking for years, but I'll do as they suggest.

Personally, I would like to be able to reorder tracks in the mixer by holding shift and dragging the tracks to reorder them.

I would like something similar with sequences in the Next Sequence screen.

I can also see that people have described their workarounds, but the above would be my preferences for future updates.
By 40Beatz Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:47 pm
Re-Order FX Slots as well
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:51 pm
If you wish to post feature suggestions here for discussion with your fellow MPC users, then please do so, but do be aware that this is a third party MPC-user forum, we have not been asked by Akai to collect feature suggestions and no one here is forwarding these suggestions to Akai. Officially, all feature suggestions should be submitted directly to Akai, there's even a dedicated button in the MPC Software to do so. If you don't have the MPC Software, this is the URL to the feedback form:

http://18.202.138.89/feedback/create/feature/1/1/1/1
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:21 pm
elstebbano wrote:Wasn‘t there a similar post some weeks ago, where akai pointed users to this forum, too?
Maybe they do actually read here from time to time..maybe they..are here oO

Obviously very happy for Akai to send people here, and always assumed that like all companies, Akai monitor customer posts across all social media. But people need to realise that this is a third party discussion forum for MPCs, nothing they submit here is 'officially' received by Akai, there are no official Akai representatives here, so no guarantee your feature requests will ever be seen by Akai.
By ace_of_dub Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:41 pm
kaydigi wrote:I still can’t believe this still isn’t an option. I was so reliant on it when using the JJOS OS’s.

Well, perhaps you should take your request to AKAI. if everybody did that instead of complaining here, maybe they'll consider it quicker. AKAI doesn't run that site.
By kaydigi Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:45 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:
kaydigi wrote:I still can’t believe this still isn’t an option. I was so reliant on it when using the JJOS OS’s.

Well, perhaps you should take your request to AKAI. if everybody did that instead of complaining here, maybe they'll consider it quicker. AKAI doesn't run that site.

What makes you think I didn’t send that request in when during MPC 1.2 and in every major version since then?

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
By Monotremata Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 am
Im pretty sure Akai has gotten that request about a million times since these were released. The product manager (or former product manager nobody knows where Dan went) said it aint gonna happen without a rewrite of the sequencer. The old gen of MPC heads already knew this is how the MPC has always worked, but all the new kids to the block have been screaming for DAW style arrangement since day 1.
By EnochLight Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 pm
Monotremata wrote:The product manager (or former product manager nobody knows where Dan went) said it aint gonna happen without a rewrite of the sequencer. The old gen of MPC heads already knew this is how the MPC has always worked, but all the new kids to the block have been screaming for DAW style arrangement since day 1.

Which begs the question - why wasn't it there to begin with? If Akai has always been positioning the new-gen MPC's as a "DAW in a (groove)box" like they have been, this absolutely should have been planned for IMHO (along with the aforementioned effects slots also being able to be re-arranged in standalone). :hmmm: Oh well, we can always hope that a true "3.0" might address this. Maybe in 2023 or 2024? :lol:
By Monotremata Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Monotremata wrote:The product manager (or former product manager nobody knows where Dan went) said it aint gonna happen without a rewrite of the sequencer. The old gen of MPC heads already knew this is how the MPC has always worked, but all the new kids to the block have been screaming for DAW style arrangement since day 1.

Which begs the question - why wasn't it there to begin with? If Akai has always been positioning the new-gen MPC's as a "DAW in a (groove)box" like they have been, this absolutely should have been planned for IMHO (along with the aforementioned effects slots also being able to be re-arranged in standalone). :hmmm: Oh well, we can always hope that a true "3.0" might address this. Maybe in 2023 or 2024? :lol:

I'm pretty sure they got it off the ground by porting the 5000 OS over to the new architecture and went from there. There were way too many similarities and exact specs/features between the two, I'm pretty sure they started with their already in place code and built the rest on top of it, which is probably why its hard to add new stuff to it (just look at the janky non configurable audio interface support). Sounds like they just wanted to put out a new MPC as quick as they could, otherwise that thing would have been years in development. I'm not so sure their programmers are on the level they could build a new one from the ground up but who knows. They definitely aren't up to par with Akai JP who designed literally every MPC before it from scratch and didn't need to use an off the shelf SoC to handle the whole environment.
By Ultros Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:34 pm
Dan from akai looks like he's a coke head i bet he had a schniff problem and they rotated him outta the spotlight lolol.

The new project manager since 2019 is better for InMusic products and for us. The products will continue to be similar like the denon and akai stuff where they use software made with the same toolkit but thats awesome. It means that InMusic doesn't need to generate and learn and entire new way of doing dev work for each device they make, which will let them focus on rapid development of software and keep their workers heads in the same space where they can hone their skills to a sharp point.
By misterflibble Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:46 pm
Monotremata wrote:Im pretty sure Akai has gotten that request about a million times since these were released. The product manager (or former product manager nobody knows where Dan went) said it aint gonna happen without a rewrite of the sequencer. The old gen of MPC heads already knew this is how the MPC has always worked, but all the new kids to the block have been screaming for DAW style arrangement since day 1.

Rewrite of the OS sounds a little bold. The Force lets you copy/paste tracks to your heart's content in whatever order you want, and brings the track's clips with it. It's a little ghetto in that you have to do a three-step operation to re-order tracks but at least you have the option. This is the kind of thing that the Force could do for you behind the scenes if they changed the UI to deal with it instead.

I don't think the MPC OS is so different from Force, and I doubt they rewrote the whole MPC OS for Force either, so my guess is that this is totally doable. They could also very easily make FX racks sortable using a long-press pop up menu like they have for Force clips, where you could cut / paste / insert / swap into a slot. I just don't think this has been a very high priority for Akai.