MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Stuey Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 pm
Really don't fancy USA import duties.

Struggling with the std black ONE, currently covered in console tape so I can actually read it in low light until I learn the shortcuts.

Does anyone know if there's someone in the UK who does high quality skins?

Trying to get a basic retro skin or white.
Pavel's MPC60 MK2 skin is awesome but I'd assume that ships sailed given the current situation.....
By Fanu Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:38 pm
I’d love to know about EU area skin sellers.
I’m in Finland.

Did the math of possibly ordering from MPC Stuff, and with shipping, added tax and customs charges it’d come to around 140 USD to order a skin, so gotta rule MPC Stuff out at least…

And can’t order from Pavel as mail from Russia is suspended.
By Fanu Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:27 am
Jawbrizza wrote:https://cremacaffe.shop/en-gb/products/mpc-one?variant=39853334462550

choose the bundle without the stand and it’s like 40eur for a skin and a keychain. It’s not actually a skin, no adhesive, which is much better imo. It’s printed on the same stuff as X rays I believe. All their stuff looks nice

Ah thanks!
I wish they weren't so artsy and flashy – if they had a more toned down oldskool Akai color skin, I'd order one immediately! They're all a bit too colorful for me.
By TT_Lab Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:55 am
I am trying to recreate the faceplate of MPC One in CAD so I can then make my own skins. I'll share the photoshop file if I ever finish it. It is not easy to take measures if I dont take the MPC appart, and Im not willing to do that.
By Jawbrizza Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:55 pm
Fanu wrote:
Jawbrizza wrote:https://cremacaffe.shop/en-gb/products/mpc-one?variant=39853334462550

choose the bundle without the stand and it’s like 40eur for a skin and a keychain. It’s not actually a skin, no adhesive, which is much better imo. It’s printed on the same stuff as X rays I believe. All their stuff looks nice

Ah thanks!
I wish they weren't so artsy and flashy – if they had a more toned down oldskool Akai color skin, I'd order one immediately! They're all a bit too colorful for me.

I totally get you mate. They are a bit flashy. I’d imagine that as they’ve already got the template and text mapped getting something much simpler like a different solid colour overlay would be easy for them. Less work even depending on their methods. Might be worth dropping a message they’re on Instagram if you’re interested
By GoodTimeAlliance Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:05 am
Hi.

I find the red writing on my black MPC one incredibly hard to read in low light....
I dont really care what it looks like I just want to see it easier.

Which skin do you luscious MPC folks think is the easiest to read for decrepid old fools like myself...

PS, no im not going to buy a live