MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BerryVery Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:00 am
DET1200 wrote:
kb420ps wrote:I've come across a bug in Controller Mode.
I'm using a MPC X on a Windows 11 computer.
Firmware and Software Version 2.11.2

In Controller Mode when trying to switch sequences or tracks, the Data Dial on the MPC X will only work in increments of 2. In other words, if you are on Sequence 1, and attempt to switch to Sequence 2, you can't do it. The Data Dial will only allow you to got to Sequence 3, 5, etc. It does the same thing when trying to switch tracks. If you use the "-" or "+" buttons, you can still switch sequences/tracks in increments of 1, but the Data Dial will only work in increments of 2. Like I said earlier, this only happens in Controller Mode.

Standalone works like it is supposed to.
Have any of you run in to this bug?

Here is a short video demonstrating the bug.

Yup, I have the same thing. At first I thought I went nuts or it would be a hardware thing, but indeed since the 2.11 update, the datawheel jumps in steps of 2. Also, for example when auditioning samples.

This really impacts my workflow... :(
By kb420ps Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:38 am
BerryVery wrote:Yup, I have the same thing. At first I thought I went nuts or it would be a hardware thing, but indeed since the 2.11 update, the datawheel jumps in steps of 2. Also, for example when auditioning samples.

Thanks for responding. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. So, it's definitely a bug. The crazy thing is, I don't even use "Controller Mode" much. I really just opened it to see if the new update would connect correctly. I can't believe Akai missed that. It's so obvious that there's no way that anyone tested the new update with the X in "Controller Mode".
By BostonGreen Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:07 am
kb420ps wrote:
BerryVery wrote:Yup, I have the same thing. At first I thought I went nuts or it would be a hardware thing, but indeed since the 2.11 update, the datawheel jumps in steps of 2. Also, for example when auditioning samples.

Thanks for responding. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. So, it's definitely a bug. The crazy thing is, I don't even use "Controller Mode" much. I really just opened it to see if the new update would connect correctly. I can't believe Akai missed that. It's so obvious that there's no way that anyone tested the new update with the X in "Controller Mode".

Odd, data wheel working perfectly on the One
By Uncle Dieppe Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:07 am
Not sure if this is a bug specific to the new update or it was present before

On the Q links,when you rename the CC numbers for external midi control in edit mode control change number 47 does not display the edited name it still shows as CC47 on the Q link display,I tried renaming it several times but still doesn’t show the edited text
By Elcausito Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:38 am
When playing a sequence with Keygroup-Tracks in it:

- Make a new Keygroup Track
- Scroll through your loaded Keygroup-Programs (to assign a new instrument)
- Sound from all other Keygroup-Tracks get interrupted/muted

Can someone confirm this?
By kb420ps Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:17 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Odd, data wheel working perfectly on the One

So, your MPC One is working perfectly in "Controller Mode"? My MPC X works fine in "Standalone Mode". This bug only occurs in "Controller Mode".
By BostonGreen Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:21 pm
kb420ps wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:Odd, data wheel working perfectly on the One

So, your MPC One is working perfectly in "Controller Mode"? My MPC X works fine in "Standalone Mode". This bug only occurs in "Controller Mode".

Works fine in both, I use controller mode 98% of the time
By kb420ps Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:10 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Works fine in both, I use controller mode 98% of the time

Maybe it's just the X that has the problem. I've had other X users say that they have the same issue. I'm still waiting to hear back from Akai. I submitted a ticket a week ago.
By flucto Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:50 am
Bradley Smith wrote:Best get this down again in the bugs thread then:

Requirements:
MPC
Standalone Midi Controller set to output on midi channel 1

Steps to reproduce:
1. New project
2. Track1 - Tubesynth-Rich swell, midi in channel 1, midi out none, Merge mode
3. Track 2, add plugin program, choose Atomic pluck, midi input none, midi output none, merge mode
4. Make track 2 active
5. Trigger a note with external midi controller and keep held down
6. Hit same note on MPC pad

Expected result: Both sounds can be heard
Actual result: Hitting pad on MPC produces no sound

Second test:
1. Hold pad on MPC
2. Play same note on external controller

Actual result: Hitting key on external controller has no effect and produces no sound

This is the report I'll send to Akai

EDIT: Ticket raised.

This happens even if the track played by the controller is muted.
Also, the plugins have nothing to do with it. I have a sample tracks and a midi tracks for my synths (the synths can be played by the MPC an also can record midi into the MPC). If I play a synth from it's keyboard, I cannot play the same note with the MPC PADS, no matter which track is in focus, even if it's soloed.
It seems like the pads are interfered with by all incoming midi note signals. Needless to say, it renders the pads all but useless in a live situation where you want to play the pads and a synth at the same time.
By Bradley Smith Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:54 am
flucto wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:Best get this down again in the bugs thread then:

Requirements:
MPC
Standalone Midi Controller set to output on midi channel 1

Steps to reproduce:
1. New project
2. Track1 - Tubesynth-Rich swell, midi in channel 1, midi out none, Merge mode
3. Track 2, add plugin program, choose Atomic pluck, midi input none, midi output none, merge mode
4. Make track 2 active
5. Trigger a note with external midi controller and keep held down
6. Hit same note on MPC pad

Actual result: Hitting pad on MPC produces no sound

Second test:
1. Hold pad on MPC
2. Play same note on external controller

Actual result: Hitting key on external controller has no effect and produces no sound

This is the report I'll send to Akai

EDIT: Ticket raised.

This happens even if the track played by the controller is muted.
Also, the plugins have nothing to do with it. I have a sample tracks and a midi tracks for my synths (the synths can be played by the MPC an also can record midi into the MPC). If I play a synth from it's keyboard, I cannot play the same note with the MPC PADS, no matter which track is in focus, even if it's soloed.
It seems like the pads are interfered with by all incoming midi note signals. Needless to say, it renders the pads all but useless in a live situation where you want to play the pads and a synth at the same time.

Yep, nothing to do with plugins, I just used the fastest way to see the bug. I actually noticed it using to separate hardware synths. I know things get missed during testing but this one is ridiculous. In 2.10 all not off messages got transmitted to all midi channels on all devices for that note, which was bad. Many people raised the bug with Akai and I'm gonna assume this new bug is a failed attempt to fix that last one.
By wavejockey Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:32 am
pete goodliffe confirmed to me (on twitter) that they are working on a resolve for the pops/cracks bug
By daddy_Q Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Mpc live 2, 2.11.2
I tried to use bluetooth key(korg microkey 25) and weird enough it’s not working correctly. Some note doesn’t produce any sound and seems like there is huge latency which was fine 2.10. :vomit:
By Dj Gzas Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:19 pm
It seems an X only issue, but it looks to be only affecting Windows (perhaps just Windows 11).

I have the same problem on my Mpc X on Windows 10. I spoke with akai with a ticket but the only thing they told me is to report this problem in a different way and gave me a link. They told me that goes directly to the team who is fixing the bugs.

For me as well only happend in controller mode so i reinstalled 2.10.1 on my pc and works fine again. I will w8 for a fix before updating