MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cubilas Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:14 pm
Akai’s latest update (2.11.5) causes the inability to preview non-Akai expansions and XPM files in the browser.

Their response : “Every MPC program file needs an accompanying SEQ file in order to be previewed.”

This has never been the case (as outlined in their own documentation.) :hmmm:

If you have upgraded to 2.11.5, you can download the 2.11.4 downgrade from here : https://www.cubilas.com/mpc-downgrade2114/

This 2.11.4 installer is from the Akai website and runs on Mac and PC. I have downgraded my MPC Key 61 and Live II, it should work for all models (NOT the MPC Force).
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:43 pm
Yes, can confirm that this is happening. This was NOT happening in the beta. What the hell is this? I've got expansions with over 300+ instruments inside, never any intention to provide sequences as well. Now I'm going to have to update all those expansions with sequences. Or just include a bunch of blank sequences and hope I don't get flooded with people complaining about all the blank sequences.

Why would they suddenly introduce this restriction, why would they NEED to do this?
By cubilas Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, can confirm that this is happening. This was NOT happening in the beta. What the hell is this? I've got expansions with over 300+ instruments inside, never any intention to provide sequences as well. Now I'm going to have to update all those expansions with sequences. Why would they suddenly introduce this restriction, why would they NEED to do this? Ridiculous.

Great to hear from you! :worthy:
Yes, this is very disappointing. I was on chat with them last night for a few hours and they opened a ticket related to this bug. They were completely unaware of this issue. They also said they would provide me downgrade instructions and a link, but the "link will take some time to upload." Then they disconnected from the chat and emailed me asking for example files. They have not responded with a link or instructions, so I went ahead and created a page with downgrade instructions and links. Really hoping we don't have to go back and add SEQ data to all of our expansions.

PS - I'm loving the MPC Bible updates! Keep up the great work.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:05 pm
Hmmm, are you sure this is related to sequence files? It seems like the issue is that the standalone MPC no longer supports mp3 files. Many of my expansions use mp3 files for their previews, it's those expansions that no longer have functioning preview. I placed some mp3 files in the root of my disk and these also no longer preview, nor do they load into memory.
By cubilas Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:19 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hmmm, are you sure this is related to sequence files? It seems like the issue is that the standalone MPC no longer supports mp3 files. Many of my expansions use mp3 files for their previews, it's those expansions that no longer have functioning preview. I placed some mp3 files in the root of my disk and these also no longer preview, nor do they load into memory.

Yes, this seems to be the actual issue. I am hearing reports of other people with WAV previews working just fine, but no MP3 files will preview regardless of their location. I have updated my Akai support ticket.
By cubilas Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:24 pm
kaydigi wrote:So how does Akai plan on giving users updates to expansions over the last 10 years? .

The simplest user solution would be to search & convert all the MP3 files to WAV.

Hopefully we won't have to do this.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:27 pm
I believe that most expansions probably use wav. I typically use mp3 because those files are only needed for previewing, high quality not needed there (you can't access them anyway, not from the browser at least). This saves a lot of disk space, but alas now means I have to spend the next few days updating all the expansions. Luckily I keep everything backed up, including all the original previews in wav format.

Separately, I assume a lot of people are still importing mp3s into the MPC, which makes me assume that this is a bug rather than a choice. Fairly sure they would have told us if they were dropping mp3 support.
By Certified Beatz Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:00 pm
cubilas wrote:
kaydigi wrote:So how does Akai plan on giving users updates to expansions over the last 10 years? .

The simplest user solution would be to search & convert all the MP3 files to WAV.

Hopefully we won't have to do this.

Simple how? so wtf if you have a terabyte of .mp3s and covert the .wavs my hard drive size would be....
By 40Beatz Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:59 pm
Nahh Simplest way is to stay at 2.11.4 I'm able to cook up on 2.11.4

Classic Akai....Create a Patch to fix Splice Issues and Destroy basic MPC Architecture. I hope The Splice Community is happy :lol: