MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By fmq75 Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:53 pm
Seems they got a kick from akai.Too bad,i wanted to buy fabric and Mini.No buy then,not a big deal though.Saved me some money and i don‘t really need them anyway.

I really dislike akais business side of things.I have an eye on the force and ir seems akai bumped up the price again.1680€ according to Thomann (and they did rise up the price by 100€ few days ago).
By MGoolas Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:11 pm
That MPC50 code was a slip from one of their partners it seems like. It worked for a few minutes and then got disabled I think. I pulled the trigger and bought everything.
I do have some buyer's remorse but Mini D worth every penny in my book.
Now I need to learn that OP4x because some presets sound amazing
By fmq75 Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:17 pm
First I thought „not another mini again „ but after playing a little longer with the demo i have to admit…i want it. But not even the MPCSAVE10 is working any longer lol
By xonox Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:22 pm
I bought OPx-4 in the past and now i'd like to buy the MPC Instrument collection. Anyone knows of a way to not pay a 2nd time for OPx-4 and grab the rest of the collection ?

I tried to buy it but since the store is not linked to the inmusic account, it asks for the whole 199$usd price.

Thanks!
By kaydigi Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:47 pm
xonox wrote:I bought OPx-4 in the past and now i'd like to buy the MPC Instrument collection. Anyone knows of a way to not pay a 2nd time for OPx-4 and grab the rest of the collection ?

I tried to buy it but since the store is not linked to the inmusic account, it asks for the whole 199$usd price.

Thanks!

You are better off selling your license for op4x but the way akai support is may prove way too challenging to do.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:33 pm
> This was already stated previously in this topic, it was disabled very soon after going live. I think it was only meant to work with their expansions, not the plugins.

Thanks for reminding ! And daaaaamn.

Anyway, I bought the Mini-D - I love its sound and it is in many ways much more practical for MPC use than the Behringer Neutron I sold last year !
By MPC-Tutor Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:18 am
On the subject of confused black friday deals, last week one of the reasonably well known sound designers were running a 50% off sitewide black friday sale. That ended, and the next day it's now a '60%' off site wide cyber monday deal. I just cannot see the sense behind this? Surely all the people who bought into the 50% deal the days before are going to be mighty upset to discover they should have held off for an even better deal hours later.

I can understand them extending the same deal for a few more days, or offering something different (e.g. buy one get one free etc), but increasing the discount days later is just teaching people to not trust you.