MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:03 pm
Vinegar wrote:I’m encountering some weird dropped notes while sequencing different simultaneous parts on a sound module and I’m trying to figure out if it’s the MPC One that’s causing this.

What firmware are you using and on what machine?
Check all polyphony settings.
Uncheck "instant track mute" in preferences.
Try that for starters.
By chrisroland Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:13 am
Vinegar wrote:Can someone give a quick description of the MIDI bug and the current status of it on the latest OS? I’ve found years of discussion online about it but most people don’t seem to understand it well enough to explain it. I’m encountering some weird dropped notes while sequencing different simultaneous parts on a sound module and I’m trying to figure out if it’s the MPC One that’s causing this.

when triggering the same MIDI note value across multiple tracks, the bug results in one track's note(s) being choked off by the other track's overlapping note(s). i have absolutely encountered this with plugins in 2.11.7, so if it was fixed as mentioned in the release notes, maybe it was only for drum programs?
By Zlornick Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:25 pm
I'm on 2.11.4. Have had problems reloading projects and drum programs not being saved correctly. The sequences are correct, midi info still intact, name of the drum program correct, the effects correct, but the pads are empty. Samples are still in the project though, so I simply have to re-assign the samples to the pads. Seems to happen randomly, but somewhat persistent.

Was about to update 2.11.7 hoping that might fix the issue, but I'm seeing that there's folks having more problems with that version so I'm considering rolling back.
By Lancerben Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:15 am
I'm not sure if it's a hardware software interaction bug but it's extremely annoying. MPC software doesn't fully close when closed... Often it won't find the keyboard or the keyboard won't find the mpc the computer has to be restarted. Keep in mind this computer is state of the art (ryzen PC) with few software installed.. It doesn't crash on any other software. But mpc... Yeah of. Course it crashes.

I like some things on the mpc hardware software integration but it doesn't seem super stable. Mpc keeping control of my audio when shutdown is annoying. Akai has go to get it together... I took a 2 week break from the keyboard it's too frustrating.

I love it other wise... It just destroys the mojo when creating... Scientist computer engineer modeconstantly has to take over. :evil:
By Lancerben Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:16 am
Also the software isn't stable at all with aftermarket plugins.. Making it a very flawed daw...and when it crashes, you have to switch to stand-alone and go back to controller mode Because it won't find the keyboard... Or restart the computer.
By enzyme Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:19 pm
I've been having a problem intermittently and across several different versions (I have MPC One so started with 2.10). Occasionally, in the piano roll screen, I get a note or group of notes that won't delete no matter what I do. It seems to carry over between saves so more recently, when it happens I just reload the project from the last save.

Weird though... not sure if its a side effect of using shift/cut as a shortcut for deleting notes quickly (I try not to do this now due to this bug).
By Hideous mutant Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:08 pm
enzyme wrote:I've been having a problem intermittently and across several different versions (I have MPC One so started with 2.10). Occasionally, in the piano roll screen, I get a note or group of notes that won't delete no matter what I do. It seems to carry over between saves so more recently, when it happens I just reload the project from the last save.

Weird though... not sure if its a side effect of using shift/cut as a shortcut for deleting notes quickly (I try not to do this now due to this bug).

I've had the same bug in previous versions. Check List edit to see if there is a stack of identical notes, you can delete them from there and once those are gone the bug doesn't reappear. You can also spot those "stacked notes" by selecting with a marquee tool, the stacked notes edges will flicker.
I haven't been able to replicate what causes it.

Sometimes when selecting and copying notes with Copy button it throws the notes to a Bar number that doesn't exist in the sequence, eg. select notes from Bar 32 to 40, press copy and the notes appear in Bar 280 when the sequence only has less than 100 Bars.
By 8ty8 Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:46 pm
MPC X running 2.11.7:

1. Grid mode no longer allows you to zoom out completely (this was working on 2.11.6, bug was introduced in 2.11.7 it seems)
2. Sample editor has a showstopper bug when you try to change tempo after detect BPM (this one is really irritating)
3. Sample editor also has a bug that makes the left side of the screen not work (this also happened to me on 2.11.6, and also happened to me on my previous MPC X -- which I exchanged because I thought the screen on that MPC X was faulty, but the same thing is occurring on this brand new X, which tells me it's the software)
4. A lot of times when I create a new drum program from sample editor, the pads on my new program play sounds from other programs (so I have to manually reassign all of the pads to the new program) This also was happening to me on 2.11.6 and on my previous MPC X.

I've been thinking of making youtube videos of each of the above, to send to Akai (so they can hopefully fix them), but haven't had time to do that yet...
By enzyme Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:52 pm
Hideous mutant wrote:Check List edit to see if there is a stack of identical notes, you can delete them from there and once those are gone the bug doesn't reappear. You can also spot those "stacked notes" by selecting with a marquee tool, the stacked notes edges will flicker.
I haven't been able to replicate what causes it.

Sometimes when selecting and copying notes with Copy button it throws the notes to a Bar number that doesn't exist in the sequence, eg. select notes from Bar 32 to 40, press copy and the notes appear in Bar 280 when the sequence only has less than 100 Bars.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it next time it happens.
By Shenrei Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:01 pm
New to the MPC Key 61 here. Updated to the latest firmware. When I press the Overdub button, it seems to toggle the metronome on and off rather than enable/disable Overdub. Can someone confirm with me if this is normal?

By Lampdog Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:09 am
Yes it’s normal and is not a bug.
Tap the METRO icon, it’s metronome settings, you can change the behavior.
Please read your manual.
By Bradley Smith Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:48 pm
Running 2.11.8 on MPC One. Midi note-on / note-off bug has NOT returned. Scarlett 2i2 interface continues to work. All good so far from my perspective.
By Nelko34 Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:25 am
Running 2.11.8 on my Mpc Live 2. Since i've updated, i can't save anything on my SSD. The error message says that my ssd is on "Read only mode". Of course i did nothing special on my SSD, i've only updated from 2.11.7 to 2.11.8.. If anybody has a solution it'll be great
By E_Haze Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:13 pm
I've got a very strange bug with the MPC ONE using the ZOOM Livetrak L-12 as an audio interface on the 2.11.8 firmware.
Everything worked fine until I used the tuner function of the MPC.
The sounds lags and cracks everytime I launch the tuner.