MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:05 am
Just did an FCC search and there is a new device with the MPC Product Code ACV. Namely: ACVA2
There are no photos yet and the FCC page is pretty broken (HTTP 500s)

But if something interesting gets uploaded, then it should be here:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=trKMh0VmOzIztjvhdoLpYQ%3D%3D&fcc_id=Y4O-ACVA2
Last edited by mrmarbury on Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:55 am
mrmarbury wrote:The label looks like a new MPC One :hmmm:

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplication ... id=6348011

Seems to be the same chassis all protruding ports and screws in the diagram exactly match those on the MPC One. I assume they only have to go through all the testing if it's truly a new product rather than a new paint job etc. Maybe an MPC One with the 4GB board? Maybe they added all the missing stuff that they previously disabled, e.g. wifi, usb 3 etc.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:03 am
No 5gHz wifi:
From the hardware prespective, Wifi operating over 5GHz is likely, however, this has
not been including in the filing.
5GHz is not activated through the firmware, 5GHz function is disabled.

But looks like it will have 2.4 gHz wifi:

We, the undersigned, hereby certify that only 11channels from 2412-
2462MHz will be used in USA, other channels will be disabled by
software.

This would make sense, as the ethernet only option was a PITA for a lot of people, especially with the MPCs increasingly requiring internet access for various functions such as plugins, splice, updates etc.
By mrmarbury Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:06 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
mrmarbury wrote:The label looks like a new MPC One :hmmm:

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplication ... id=6348011

Seems to be the same chassis all protruding ports and screws in the diagram exactly match those on the MPC One. I assume they only have to go through all the testing if it's truly a new product rather than a new paint job etc. Maybe an MPC One with the 4GB board? Maybe they added all the missing stuff that they previously disabled, e.g. wifi, usb 3 etc.

Maybe. According to the MPE doc it has wlan b/g/n and BT 4 and 5. The test reports don't say much though. They also used an iPad for testing. This can mean several things like an iPad SW? Or it just means that the prototype (The MPE doc als states that this is an "identical prototype" - whatever that means) does not have a screen yet and they use some internal SW on an iPad.
By mrmarbury Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:19 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:No 5gHz wifi:
From the hardware prespective, Wifi operating over 5GHz is likely, however, this has
not been including in the filing.
5GHz is not activated through the firmware, 5GHz function is disabled.

But looks like it will have 2.4 gHz wifi:

We, the undersigned, hereby certify that only 11channels from 2412-
2462MHz will be used in USA, other channels will be disabled by
software.

This would make sense, as the ethernet only option was a PITA for a lot of people, especially with the MPCs increasingly requiring internet access for various functions such as plugins, splice, updates etc.

I have mine connected to my Mac via usb-c Ethernet dongle and forwarding activated which works okay-ish but yeah with these small devices you really want to chill on the couch and WiFi would help a lot.
By mpc_fan_2022 Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:50 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:This would make sense, as the ethernet only option was a PITA for a lot of people, especially with the MPCs increasingly requiring internet access for various functions such as plugins, splice, updates etc.

Disabling the WIFI on the One was so shortsighted... but InMusic keeps on making these kinds of decisions, there is a serious problem at the executive level there. I worked in retail, and the MPC One is by far their most successful product, InMusic sold wagons of them it's unbelievable, so if cloud offering is part of their core market strategy, their product better be easy to connect to the internet... Who as a laptop with an ethernet connection today? Almost nobody...

Same thing for the battery frankly, put a battery in that MPC One MKII, this would be the perfect portable device...

As I said many times, it's better for one's products to compete with each other than competing with other manufacturers...
By mrmarbury Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:06 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:
Disabling the WIFI on the One was so shortsighted... but InMusic keeps on making these kinds of decisions, there is a serious problem at the executive level there. I worked in retail, and the MPC One is by far their most successful product, InMusic sold wagons of them it's unbelievable, so if cloud offering is part of their core market strategy, their product better be easy to connect to the internet... Who as a laptop with an ethernet connection today? Almost nobody...

Same thing for the battery frankly, put a battery in that MPC One MKII, this would be the perfect portable device...

As I said many times, it's better for one's products to compete with each other than competing with other manufacturers...

Maybe inMusic tried an upselling scheme One -> Live? Lure the folks in with the One and send the ones with more money to the Live? Looking at the reviews why the Live was so popular I think the battery and wifi have been at the top. And the One's downside have always been the lack thereof. Might have been intentional. Why buy the Live if the One is smaller, has better button layout AND Battery and Wifi? Lol, for me it was the lack of a heavy battery that I bought the One :mrgreen: ... would have liked the wifi though
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:17 pm
Told Y'all....

Possible MPC ONE XL