MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MuttBeats Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:31 pm
chrisroland wrote:had this problem at Thanksgiving. Akai support basically says the problem is servers having too many users logging in at once to activate their plugins. waited a day and then it activated no problem

Hmmm I’m sure that’s right as an explanation, but it doesn’t justify Akai’s actions (or to be precise, inaction). Server capacity is a basic commodity for businesses. If you don’t have enough, you just lease some more. Not difficult and not expensive. No reason why Akai has let this problem drag on for so long. They either didn’t know there were issues (which seems unlikely) or they did know and decided to skimp on a few $s and leave their customers hanging. Either way, it’s poor. And certainly doesn’t make me feel confident it will be possible to reactivate these paid plugins a few years down the road… if Akai can’t be bothered to put in enough auth server capacity when these plugins have just been launched, why would they bother maintaining auth server capacity in the future when the plugins are no longer shiny and new? Hard pass from me.
By TUBBZ Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:05 pm
Delphinus wrote:
TUBBZ wrote:MPC One Retro owner here having the same problem, connected to the net via a Cat5 cable and can open the activate plug-ins page, but when I hit activate for Air Flavour Pro & Mini D I just get “Could not validate license from the server” will try calling support tomorrow but it’s not a good look compared to how easy it is to do similar tasks on my Maschine+.

Is your MPC ONE/serial number linked to the account that you purchased the plug ins on?

If that's not the problem try changing your DNS settings on the MPC itself to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

I ran into the same problem a few months ago. Customer support was no help.

Thanks I’ll try this today ! :-D
By Mixerman Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:46 pm
I'm having this problem now.

Purchased OPx-4 and mini D a while ago - getting this error message when trying to activate over ethernet. Trials aren't loading either.

Anybody found a reliable method?

Edit: I have the latest firmware.
By Seaninnj Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:53 pm
the only thing that worked for me was plugging the mpc one directly into the router at home. it worked perfectly. i spent hours fussing with an ethernet adapter connected to my macbook but it seems the DHCP in the MPC One only works with a direct connection to the router.
By kja Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:03 am
TUBBZ wrote:Not sure if it’s connected but installed the new update before trying to sort out the plugins and it worked first time !
Maybe it’s been a software issue addressed in the new update ?

I downloaded the newest firmware that was supposed to fix this and no.. mine sell won't work.. I always get a validation message no matter what I do.. is so disappointing I won't go in the studio anymore until they fix this piece of crap.
By johnnytravels Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:46 am
kja wrote:
TUBBZ wrote:Not sure if it’s connected but installed the new update before trying to sort out the plugins and it worked first time !
Maybe it’s been a software issue addressed in the new update ?

I downloaded the newest firmware that was supposed to fix this and no.. mine sell won't work.. I always get a validation message no matter what I do.. is so disappointing I won't go in the studio anymore until they fix this piece of crap.

Can we please sticky this message and copy it to all the “omg new pluginnn gonna buy” threads…”
By Seaninnj Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:24 pm
I was having all sorts of trouble getting my plug-in to activate until I connected a network cable from the MPC one to the back of my Wi-Fi router. It worked instantly. Once I got that going, I took a network over powerline adapter, and that works too so now I can use the same ethernet cable plugged into the power adapter in my office while the router is in the living room with the network cable to another ethernet overpower adapter. It works perfectly.
By kozzy420 Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:34 pm
I recently got a MPC One+ and got Jura for free and bought the Fabric Collection while it was on a big sale. For me these two wouldn't activate in Standalone the first day I tried. Support said try again tomorrow, so I did and it worked. I think there servers just sometimes get hit really hard. Hopefully they can improve this aspect, was a little annoying.
By B-Wise Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:33 am
just charlie wrote:Having this problem with Air Flavor Pro on MPC One standalone ("Could not validate license from the server, license status: 8").

Akai are such amateurs, this is embarrassing.

edit: I just clicked "Activate" about 30 times before it finally worked.

Yeah it sucks, but it's normal. Some had to wait way more time then you did. I had to email the site I got it from to send me the code. :cry: