MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wul Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:20 pm
EnochLight wrote:“Ordinary” is the last thing that comes to my mind when Jura is running. :hmmm: But - everyone has different tastes. Or tinnitus. :lol:

Ordinary compared with the micro freak layer, to be fair it’s pretty good even through the tinnitus in the left ear and the usb ground noise in the other :lol:
By jabberwalky Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:41 pm
Not that I have much interest in selling this crap for Akai, So don't buy it if you don't want bread& butter polysynth stuff. I can say it's really damn usable, and sounds close enough to the old Juno (I had the Juno6 and 60 and used them live for while).

BY FAR the biggest change is the integrated ARP. No other plugin has this. The global arp sucks to use sometimes, and gets very confusing when arming different tracks. Having the arp inside the plugin, not only allows you to tweak the recorded chords later, but allows you to split the key range in half for instance, left half is an arpeggiated bass line, right half is chords etc. That alone is valuable.

Still, the pricing structure Akai does is trash, and I refuse to pay for something that will be half off tomorrow or whatever.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:15 pm
jabberwalky wrote:
Still, the pricing structure Akai does is trash, and I refuse to pay for something that will be half off tomorrow or whatever.

Luckily for you, it's half price today.
:wink:
By jabberwalky Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:19 pm
Neodymium wrote:
jabberwalky wrote:

Luckily for you, it's half price today.
:wink:

:lol: Marketing 101 :wink:
By fmq75 Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:48 pm
how long is the intro price?
By B-Wise Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:03 pm
fmq75 wrote:how long is the intro price?

I heard 2 weeks.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:10 pm
fmq75 wrote:how long is the intro price?

They rarely put a deadline on their intro prices, I suspect it's just whenever they feel like pulling it. EDIT: Sorry, yes the press release says 13th june, the email and web site doesn't state a deadline.

It's a good plugin, but at $150 rrp it's up against some very stiff competition for the VST/AU version, including the TAL-U-No-LX at $60, softube model 84, and Diva to name but a few. Cherry Audio's DCO-106, which is decent enough, is often priced at $25.
By polysci Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:30 pm
My MPC X wi-fi does not work (it was near-useless during warranty; post-warranty it doesn't even search. Same with Bluetooth), so I needed to download the standalone version to an SD card or USB drive. The download is not available in MPC Synth Content Manager. inMusic Software Center only has Mac/PC downloads, no standalone. Tech support just confirmed this - wireless or you're out of luck - so I got a refund. Hope the firmware updates don't go wireless-only. They suggested an ethernet-to-USB fix but of course can't recommend an "approved" one, and I've read far too many posts on some that work and some that don't.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:37 pm
They seem to have gone with extending the sound scope a little, but I wish they had gone further, not crazy, but just more. I like that they added a second envelope.

I like the idea of the pre filter drive and saturation. but on some sounds you question is it working. I love the pre filter drive on the basstation, it really adds to the more thickness to the sound. But on the Jura on some sounds you question if it's working at all. and on the sounds that make you realize it is, it's way too modest. It's the same with the analog setting, it's really mild, but it should go to 'ooh that's too much, makes me feel queasy there!', 'is this working?'

Levels on all three oscillators would have been nice, and not to much of a departure from the original
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:38 pm
polysci wrote:They suggested an ethernet-to-USB fix but of course can't recommend an "approved" one, and I've read far too many posts on some that work and some that don't.

Well, just take notice of the ones that work. I've previously recommended the Anker one, works perfectly for me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Ethernet ... 08CB1QNLT/

Also have used another random Amazon cheap brand, worked fine as well.

Just buy off Amazon, send back if it doesn't work.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm
polysci wrote:My MPC X wi-fi does not work (it was near-useless during warranty; post-warranty it doesn't even search. Same with Bluetooth), so I needed to download the standalone version to an SD card or USB drive. The download is not available in MPC Synth Content Manager. inMusic Software Center only has Mac/PC downloads, no standalone. Tech support just confirmed this - wireless or you're out of luck - so I got a refund. Hope the firmware updates don't go wireless-only. They suggested an ethernet-to-USB fix but of course can't recommend an "approved" one, and I've read far too many posts on some that work and some that don't.

Have you tried plugging you phone into the usb, and setting that to be the wifi?

MPC One doesn't have wifi, but that's how I installed the Jura today.
By polysci Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:42 pm
Neodymium wrote:
polysci wrote:My MPC X wi-fi does not work (it was near-useless during warranty; post-warranty it doesn't even search. Same with Bluetooth), so I needed to download the standalone version to an SD card or USB drive. The download is not available in MPC Synth Content Manager. inMusic Software Center only has Mac/PC downloads, no standalone. Tech support just confirmed this - wireless or you're out of luck - so I got a refund. Hope the firmware updates don't go wireless-only. They suggested an ethernet-to-USB fix but of course can't recommend an "approved" one, and I've read far too many posts on some that work and some that don't.

Have you tried plugging you phone into the usb, and setting that to be the wifi?

Yes, but no luck. iPhone. Did you use Android?
By polysci Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
polysci wrote:They suggested an ethernet-to-USB fix but of course can't recommend an "approved" one, and I've read far too many posts on some that work and some that don't.

Well, just take notice of the ones that work. I've previously recommended the Anker one, works perfectly for me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Ethernet ... 08CB1QNLT/

Also have used another random Amazon cheap brand, worked fine as well.

Just buy off Amazon, send back if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the link.
By Ultros Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 pm
Neodymium wrote:

Yeah that works, you can use usb tethering to get to the plugin page. Usb tethering / hotspot should work simultaneously as well if someone needs to validate their profile with the authorizations page as well.

Steps: plug in usb to the phone / mpc, enable tethering on the phone and go to settings set network addressing to auto. should work then.