MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Paddle Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:22 pm
Hi, when you press " keyboard control " button you can edit parameters and for the mpc key 61 you can choose Keyboard Settings Velocity Response:

The manual say:
" This determines how playing the keys translates into velocity values.
Select preset Light 1–3, Linear, or Heavy 1–3 responses,

And "" Custom Velocity ""

select Custom to create your own response using the following
settings:
Velocity Curve: -50 to 0 to +50.
Gain: -20 to 0 to +20
Black Key Sensitivity: -20 to 0 to +20.
White Key Sensitivity: -20 to 0 to +20

But when i save the project and reload the custom setting for all returns to zero :smh:
How to save my settings ?
Thanks ! :worthy:
By Lampdog Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:45 pm
I can try when I get home. If not saving it might be a bug. I'll also try diff firmware as well.
I haven't messed with custom velocity settings yet.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:23 pm
Empty project.
I maxed out custom velocity on all 4 settings (50, 20, 20, 20), loaded a new project, the settings didn’t default to “0”, they remained at maximum. I expected the settings to revert to default since I’ve never used this function before and a new project was loaded that didn’t have these settings before.

Powered on, loaded a project where I had previously saved all velocity to maximum. Went to velocity settings and all 4 show “0”.

Nope, the custom velocity settings don’t save with the project.
Seems it’s independent of projects.

Like you, I feel like it should save/load WITH the project.
By Lampdog Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:27 pm
When you look at the files inside a PROJECT folder (I use computer when housekeeping my X and Keys61 user-attached ssd) , I kinda know which individual files do what I don’t recognize any individual files that would keep those settings.