MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:26 am
Neodymium wrote:I'd like some house keeping done on the some of the provided synths
Drum Synth - Reduced to two options. Multi and single (and be able to select the type from within)
Jura - Make the Drive, Saturation, and analogue feel more pronounced. They are way too subtle to the point of thinking it's a placebo , reviewers pointed it out on release. 100% should be too much, not 'is this doing anything'
OPx-4 - make the sin wave a true sin wave, even better, keep the original, and provide a selection of basic waves such as provided on 4 Operator synths DX11 and TX81Z. Also there are 9 folders of menus at the bottom of the screen, but only space for 6, so you have to scroll. These could easily be condensed to 6, such as SubMix and Sample Layer and setting all under Main. To get to Modulation Menu 5 you have to scroll 4 times, before selecting Modulation and the 5, 6 presses instead of 2. Beiing able to series and parallel the filters would be nice too.

Hell yeah!
By J.O.BEATS Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:45 pm
jpeg wrote:more romplers are needed hopefully we get Xpand2;

since we already have multiple subtractive synths, it would be nice to have multiple options for romplers

Isnt that what Fabric is? Is there really that much of a difference between the 2 that they'd spend the time making a stand alone Xpand2? If you have Fabric would you really need Xpand2?

I only tested Fabric for a week so maybe Im wrong but the reason I didnt pay for it because it sounded eerily like xpand
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:48 pm
johnnytravels wrote:It really makes me not use any multi samples and I have stopped buying packs simply because it’s too annoying for me to manage memory every single time by deleting all those pgms and the purging.

Akai's plan is working great then. They can't lock plain WAV files in an online-authorization usage-control crap bag, but they can do that with plugins. So they make using WAV files suck. The surprising thing is that their loving customers reward this by paying for the locked-down crap bags.
By jpeg Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:16 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:
jpeg wrote:more romplers are needed hopefully we get Xpand2;

since we already have multiple subtractive synths, it would be nice to have multiple options for romplers

Isnt that what Fabric is? Is there really that much of a difference between the 2 that they'd spend the time making a stand alone Xpand2? If you have Fabric would you really need Xpand2?

I only tested Fabric for a week so maybe Im wrong but the reason I didnt pay for it because it sounded eerily like xpand

dats like saying u got tube synth so u dont need odessy, jura or mini D

but nah fabric dont have the scope of sounds that xpand does; also the presets in xpand are better
By jpeg Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:01 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:I don’t know what to tell you if you think tube synth is anything similar to mini d or jura.

Maybe I’ll give fabric another look but it felt like basic rompler with similar patches as xpand

totally agree Jura, Odysee and Mini D are much better then Tubesynth and its great to have these options, no diss to Tube synth as Im sure once we get some genere specific presets for it, I think I will use it more.

But the same way we have a choice of synths; we should also have a choice of romplers; Xpand2 and Structure2 are two romplers in the Air catalog that could be added to standalone.
By hyena Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:58 pm
i don't fully understand why romplers instead of making the multisampling\full fledged sampler features better, so either you create your own sample instruments or buy good third party ones. this might also benefit small indie developers and not only the big players.
re: new synth ideas, the areas that are currently lacking are
1)physical modeling, i'd like to see something here, even very simple, even just karplus-strong or waveguide delay stuff... proper, with exciter and resonator sections and some control over partials tweaking to experiment with dynamic harmonic\inharmonic timbre manipulation.
2)granular: ok we have granulator, but it is an effect. a proper granular synth\sampler would be fun.
3)additive. this is the odd one, as it's notoriously difficult to come up with the right balance of interesting features vs usability of the UI. anyway...maybe a light version of Air Loom plugin....
By jpeg Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm
hyena wrote:i don't fully understand why romplers instead of making the multisampling\full fledged sampler features better, so either you create your own sample instruments or buy good third party ones. this might also benefit small indie developers and not only the big players.

3rd party instruments is the same as buying a rompler; so why would u be against romplers?

most people dont want to spend time loading up multi-samples; they just want song creation tools ready to go; same reason why people buy a roland fantom or any other keyboard workstation they want useful sounds at their finger tips so when inspiration strikes they can get ideas down.

not everyone is a sound designer
By Ultros Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:07 pm
I wish they would give us a vocoder now, auto-tune is pretty awesome but nothing like getting down like a funky robot.. I purposely make cheesy "punk-funk" a 1980s genre of funk music (like the BGM in sonic the hedge hog) the vocoder is an iconic staple of said genre which inherently influenced on 1990s rap. (example biggie - back to cali). MPC does that sound very very well but i still require a microkorg for the voice.