MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ertan Ertekin Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm
BRITOWORX wrote:
DatGood wrote:Installed and all is well until I actually press CREATE STEMS > DO IT
But then I get " Unable to initialise stems system"

Any ideas why this would occur?

I'm experiencing the same thing. Haven't figured it out yet.

Have the same issue - Message appears "Unable to initialise stems system"
By Ertan Ertekin Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm
Same Problem like some of you guys.

After pressing "Do it" - Message appears "Unable to initialise stems system"

Any Idea for the reason?
By Jean-Marc Liotier Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm
Safe bet that stem separation development is common between Akai MPC and the standalone stem separation aboard the Denon DJ PRIME 4+ that just happens to also be based on the RK3288... So the Denon DJ PRIME 4+ standalone stem separation demos are certainly a good preview of what to expect on standalone MPC.

Sooo many products across so many brands are at stake in Akai's eventual plans to move off the RK3288 platform...
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 pm
Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:Sooo many products across so many brands are at stake in Akai's eventual plans to move off the RK3288 platform...

Exactly, and I find this a good situation. The larger the installed base with the same platform, the more incentive Akai/Inmusic ought to have to keep improving and optimizing the software. I hope. Though it looks like they're not interested in fixing bugs and improving basic system features anymore.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm
Stems needs v2.14 Firmware.
By B-Wise Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:
Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:Sooo many products across so many brands are at stake in Akai's eventual plans to move off the RK3288 platform...

Exactly, and I find this a good situation. The larger the installed base with the same platform, the more incentive Akai/Inmusic ought to have to keep improving and optimizing the software. I hope. Though it looks like they're not interested in fixing bugs and improving basic system features anymore.

You both make good points. Let me add that on GearSpace.com Nicethings who now works for Akai after doing a bunch of informative Force YouTube demos said that many basic things that you'd think would easy to add/fix may cause bugs or whatever thing wouldn't you even think of.

So maybe that's the case for "some" of the perceived lack of development & if so, that's not the type of info most companies will share publicly. I wish they did, but then I wouldn't be able to call Akai the Mysterious Red Ninja Clan, tho more transparency would be worth it.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm
B-Wise wrote:many basic things that you'd think would easy to add/fix may cause bugs or whatever thing wouldn't you even think of
I can very well imagine how code shared across such wide variety of products with enough history to accrue functional baggage is a heap of dependencies and unforeseen consequences... But still: when I reserve large blocks of developer's time for major money making projects, I still keep some slack for a continuous stream of small improvements - and I have never seen users unhappy with that... And in Akai's case, I like to think that the quality of life that a mature platform is supposed to offer is key to milking it for a while longer - so I hope !
By B-Wise Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am
Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
B-Wise wrote:many basic things that you'd think would easy to add/fix may cause bugs or whatever thing wouldn't you even think of
I can very well imagine how code shared across such wide variety of products with enough history to accrue functional baggage is a heap of dependencies and unforeseen consequences... But still: when I reserve large blocks of developer's time for major money making projects, I still keep some slack for a continuous stream of small improvements - and I have never seen users unhappy with that... And in Akai's case, I like to think that the quality of life that a mature platform is supposed to offer is key to milking it for a while longer - so I hope !

By richie Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am
djchucknorris wrote:+1 for ultimate vocal remover. I've been using this for months to make stems to chop and use, all while watching everyone on the edge of the seat waiting on Akai the entire time. Pure comedy

I agree with you man, that's why I'm trying to spread the word that there are way higher quality ways to stem out and for free. The thing with this forum is that you can spend time to write a guide, share thorough information and it'll go completely ignored.

By the way, are you using UVR with a GPU? What models do you prefer?
By ian-umc Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am
instructions followed, but there is no "Get trial" button in 2.14's "activations" to actually download my purchase, let alone activate.

I have same problem, does anyone have a solution?
By Ultros Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:

yeah thats great for inmusics rapid dev and deploy model, but its terrible for consumers of their electronics.

it's not worth the energy it uses to operate. thats a real thing that happens to computers. After time, there becomes a point where newer hardware can do the same amount of work for less electricity and in that moment the device is officially antiquated and no longer worth operating. In all fairness all of inmusics products have reached that point.
By johnnytravels Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Gave uvr a quick test last night, much better results than mpc, similar to ripx, perhaps slower but I’d need to spent more time with it as there’s a lot of options

My god thank you that’s such a great hint! :worthy:

Gave it a try and MPC Stems is already like “we added Air Reverb to the MPC” :lol:
By jpeg Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Though it looks like they're not interested in fixing bugs and improving basic system features anymore.

perhaps its cos 3.0 is in the pipeline; so no point fixing bugs on old software if the new system is going to replace
By jaymack Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 pm
jpeg wrote:perhaps its cos 3.0 is in the pipeline

Definitely. NAMM 2025. Everybody get ready for that 3.0 rollout! It's COMING!!!