MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mairc Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am
Just updated to 2.14 to find out that the MPC software and also MPC Live II (in standalone mode) do not react on MMC "Start" and "Stop" commands anymore. I now downgraded to 2.13 and it works again!
I am sending the MMC commands via Morningstar MC6 Midi Controller.

Has anybody experienced this, too?
Is it a bug in 2.14 or are there new/changed (undocumented) MMC commands in 2.14?

Chrisitan
By Ultros Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:37 am
If you do update again for the sake of testing, have a look in the midi settings. if operating properly one needs to have "sync" enabled for the midi connection youre using ie DIN or USB. iirc with just midi sync options flagged it can be bypassed with that option.
By jamos Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 am
I gather 2.14 only adds support for stems. The MMC functions should have absolutely nothing to do with this. Their code must be an incredibly fragile web of spaghetti for an issue like this to occur.
By mairc Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:36 am
I agree... what the hell!
Cannot believe that I am the only one who needs to start/stop the MPC with a remote controller in a live setup.
By Empee Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:57 am
Yes, same thing: after the 2.14 update MMC transport commands from Morningstar MC6 to MPC Live 2 didn’t work anymore; downgrade to 2.13 (and Sysex commands only?)
solved it for me; thanks for the advice
By Krys Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 am
Hello, same problem since I upgraded to 2.14. My MPC one and my Mpc2 software no longer receive transport commands from my pedalboard.