MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:57 pm
funkycoldmedina wrote:I agree i need the locate/arrow buttons for it to be a real MPC.

Also akai seems to be big on the old recycling program for their failed products, as this MPC Live is to the Touch like how the Element was just the bottom half of old MPC Fly units, of which they reportedly sold less than 500.

+1
By Fanu Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:52 pm
funkycoldmedina wrote:I agree i need the locate/arrow buttons for it to be a real MPC.

Yeah, that's actually my biggest complaint about the Touch.
I'm sure peeps new to MPC won't miss them, but I just can't believe they left them out. That's one of those things that make me think, if they _actually_ had some old heads had a say on the new MPC, how the heck did they leave those out. It's almost like a design flaw in my book.
By mr_debauch Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:03 pm
yeah pete rock would say that (while akai secretly is filming their next commercial) .. and they cut that part out.. ignored it.
By willisill Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Feel like they really need to drop 2.0 to see if this new version of a standalone is gonna cut it. I'm probably in the minority, but I couldn't imagine not using a computer in 2016/17. I need a legit DAW so I can use the plugins I've spent a ton of money on, and I currently can't in the MPC software without a ton of headaches and frustration. I'm generally happy with the Touch, but I'd really like them to finish adding the features we all thought were coming many months ago.
By Fanu Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:49 pm
**** wrote::lol:

They wouldn´t just cut it out, they would flip the bits so it looks like he is glad they are missing.

These motherfvckers.

[within the first two minutes]

"Aaaw hell nah n*gga. I'm going to need those arrow keys man, I can't fuxx with this Touch sh*t. Imma tell Preemo to put his unit on eBay right now."

Akai edit ---->

"Aaaw hell yeah, I'm NOT going to need those arrow keys man, I fuxx with this sh*t! Imma tell Preemo to put his OLD unit on eBay right now."
By optik415 Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:12 pm
Fanu wrote:I could see old cats like Pete Rock or Premier give the Touch a shot and discover the buttons are not there and be like "Hell nah, I can't do this, what were you thinking?"

Funny cause Alchemist & Pete Rock both had Ren's but went back to there 2500 & 2000xl's. If it aint broke, dont fix it
By TheUnfuckwithable Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:06 pm
Fanu wrote:
**** wrote::lol:

They wouldn´t just cut it out, they would flip the bits so it looks like he is glad they are missing.

These motherfvckers.

[within the first two minutes]

"Aaaw hell nah n*gga. I'm going to need those arrow keys man, I can't fuxx with this Touch sh*t. Imma tell Preemo to put his unit on eBay right now."

Akai edit ---->

"Aaaw hell yeah, I'm NOT going to need those arrow keys man, I fuxx with this sh*t! Imma tell Preemo to put his OLD unit on eBay right now."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Fanu Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:46 pm
Easier for them not to say anything; just kind of unnecessary. I'm sure it makes more sense just to focus on the launch.
At the very least they're finally getting some publicity today!

On other news, FWIW, I pulled out my Touch today; it's been gathering dust for a while. I'm enjoying it. If they fix PDC at least, I won't have much to complain about.
Taking a break from the MPC way of working things and now getting back to it has made me realize tonight that I work pretty damn fast with the MPC workflow. It's the sh*t for sample-based stuff (*my MPC 60 on the sidelines nods approvingly*).
By Fanu Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:39 pm
pspsounds wrote:So launching Black Friday? I highly doubt it. Would be happy though if it launched by end of year.

Wouldn't make much sense....there's so damn much noise in terms of companies selling stuff for discounted prices. If I had to bet my money on something, I'd say NAMM 2017.
By coolderb Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:41 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Fanu wrote:

Maybe Akai will offer a trade in program for Touch owners. :vomit:

Or maybe they will offer a "conversion kit" to Touch owners:)