MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By shimmyshimmy Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 am
There is a lot of shit being said about Akai, but damn if these machines aren't hype. Even Live is standalone; now, if they provided a working OS at release (let's be real there are always bugs at release, but in Akai's case they are bigger than usual) they've already fixed many of their company issues. Now if they can provide years lasting support for these machines, then we are home. The problem with the newer MPCs is they get outdated "fast", with these ones I don't think it's the case, at least it's extremely easy to provide updates to this software and work on it in a long term.

I've never even considered MPC X, but it looks great. I might grab one after the price drops. I mean MPC with an IPad slammed on top it.

Maschine looks more promising, but well now they need like new version 'cus it seems outdated.

Now only free 2.0 for MPC Touch adopters and I'll order it instantly and if it passes the trail I'll probably sell my 4K and grab X. I have high hopes, but it's Akai we're talking about.

Many people should be happy it's coming in March, I'm happy for them and I'm looking forward for the opinions because by the time I buy this I'll know this almost inside out. Long live MPCs
By jahsoul Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 am
zangetsu01 wrote:They also have the MPCX with all the pictures and more details:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCX

For the first time in a LONG time, I'm legit excited about an Akai product.

All I need to see now is the polyphony on that bad boy, midi timing, what all sample libraries it will read, and reviews about the sound and I'm sold.
Last edited by jahsoul on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Living Bate Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:28 am
funkycoldmedina wrote:http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.alarrecordingstudio.com/akai-pro-mpc-software-2.shtml

Italian page with some pics of 2.0. Someone translated the text over at gearslutz.

that's what I want more info on......I cant really afford an X and I'm not interested in the Live....
By Wormhelmet Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 am
Well, it's some progress. Will keep an eye on Sweetwater notifications. My Sweetwater card has been sitting unused for awhile.

Live looks like just the ticket I need for portable workstation. If I like it more than the MV8800 and its rock solid stable, an X might just replace the MV, but it would take a lot to move me over to MPC off the MV. Might take awhile to sort bugs out too. The one to watch.

I still think they finally got the right idea with standalones. The price doesn't scare me on the X if it does everything it is supposed to do right.

Same with Live. As an introductory price at launch, it still isn't terrible if truly a full blown midi/audio sampling workstation with touchscreen in a compact design.
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:38 am
:lol: so yall thought it was gonna be cheap and affordable? :lol: :lol:

These machines were made for the big leagues, not for generic everyday beat-hobbyist, thats why you got controllers and freeware. Leave these MPCs to the big boys. :smoker:

Told yall RZA said the 9th!!!
By KASETA Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 am
My 1st thought was "Damn, they're expensive", as I bought my new MPC 1000 from retailer for about 500EU 5 years ago :D
But when you look at most of competitors - Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 or Elektron Octatrack are even more expensive than upcoming Live.
My main concern about these new machines probably would be the stability - if they will prove themselves to be solid and trust worthy samplers, I might consider to buy one.