MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bilposey Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 am
So yo say there is no portomento
No side chaining.
No spectrum displays anywhere
What actually new
Besides post warping
Are there any GUI scaling. FOR PLUG INS
BECAUSE THE BROWSER. AL WAYS IN THE WAY
KINDA HARD JUGGLING 2 MPC VAST INSIDE A MAJOR DAW :popcorn:
By greavous420 Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:13 pm
bilposey wrote:So yo say there is no portomento
No side chaining.
No spectrum displays anywhere
What actually new
Besides post warping
Are there any GUI scaling. FOR PLUG INS
BECAUSE THE BROWSER. AL WAYS IN THE WAY
KINDA HARD JUGGLING 2 MPC VAST INSIDE A MAJOR DAW :popcorn:

Which browser? The media browser? Click on the arrow button (<) towards the bottom of the column and it disappears.

The program/track browser at the bottom of the page is hidden by one of the buttons in the top right or there is a 'Full Screen' button on the ren/studio controller (shift + window)
By Laz Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Laz wrote:will I be able to install it on W7-64, or, is that out and I have to choose between upgrading my OS or forgoing MPC 2.0 altogether ?

You should scroll up and watch the live stream, Masada clearly says that he's using windows 7 on his system.

thank you- sorry, but I did not want to whet my appetite watching all the great things I feared I wouldnt be able to do. Much obliged for your post. Thanks again.
By quietizkept Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 pm
Sorry I can't find it, but where is the video (or what is it called) that was mentioned of Hellfire making a beat using the warping function?
By FrankWhite4Mayor Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:01 pm
Could the Ren be used in conjunction with the Live e.g., Q-links? Also, could you run a guitar through a marshall head into the live? I'm guessing in standalone there's no guitar effect/vst available... Will q-links automatically map to 3'rd party plugins with 2.0? And finally, can we browse 3'rd party plugin settings from the hardware? I thought that was mentioned to be included in 2.0 some time ago.
By alexbuga Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:25 pm
So the new mixer has any new tricks up its sleeve?
By alexbuga Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm
Also, Geoff mentioned a new Guitar Amp simulator effect. Is that any good?
Can I sample my guitar while monitoring through the effect, but recording only the dry signal?
By greavous420 Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:25 pm
alexbuga wrote:Also, Geoff mentioned a new Guitar Amp simulator effect. Is that any good?
Can I sample my guitar while monitoring through the effect, but recording only the dry signal?

That ain't new. It's always been in there. It's pretty basic. Wouldn't use it myself as I have biasfx.
By FrankWhite4Mayor Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:40 pm
greavous420 wrote:
alexbuga wrote:Also, Geoff mentioned a new Guitar Amp simulator effect. Is that any good?

That ain't new. It's always been in there. It's pretty basic. Wouldn't use it myself as I have biasfx.

That's why I wanted to run my guitar directly from the Marshall head... A simulator effect will never compare
By greavous420 Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:36 pm
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:
greavous420 wrote:

That's why I wanted to run my guitar directly from the Marshall head... A simulator effect will never compare

Unless the Marshall has a direct out then I wouldn't recommend it without a load box. Then you have the cabinet which isn't involved and will make a huge impact on tone so you will need to reamp or use an ir to emulate a cabinet.

I highly recommend checking out positive grid bias. They do a trial I believe and it sounds really good. First mesa rectifier sim I'd heard that sounded good was what won it for me. Bias is only amps but you can customise the tone loads down to different tubes/components. You can also tonematch physical amps similar to the kemper/axefx.
Biasfx has the amps and also fx but you can't tweak the amps or build your own from scratch. They are compatible so you can design an amp in bias and then import to biasfx though. Can't recommend it enough.
By Ill-Green Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 pm
I would like to see 2.0 beta testing for the Ren and Studio. I heard it'll work but who's testing it?