MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By willisill Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:29 am
greavous420 wrote:It was me who confused you with the Waves thing.

At the moment any version of MPC after 1.6 fails when scanning for new Waves plugins.

The current workaround is to install 1.6 and then scan the plugins and then upgrade to the latest version. It may be a Mac only thing and not Windows. I have the issue on 2 different Macs and the 1.9.7.1 release didn't fix it as I tested it out. Once you have done this if you get a new non-waves plugin you can just use 'scan new' and not worry about it rescanning the Waves

I hope that makes more sense now. Its not a massive issue as there are workarounds but its just one of those stupid little things.

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... es-plugins

I don't have this problem with Waves using Mac. I just scanned the newest waves electric pianos with no issue using AU.
By zangetsu01 Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:18 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:Thanks for doing this Saint Joe! Although I think it'll be the last time you're allowed to ask questions lol! I kinda felt bad for him not having half the answers.

I think they both did fine (Saint & Andy).. :smoker:
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Check out Thomann.de, the Live is cheap at $870 shipping included. They gave me a great quote but they don't supply the correct AC adapter for the US for they are a Europeon market :(

The price Thomann quoted you is exclusive of VAT (EU sales tax), so EU customers will pay approx 20% on top of that, which brings Thomann in line with all other EU/UK suppliers (who advertise the VAT inclusive price by default).

You probably wont get charged VAT, but there probably will be import duties of some description, you'd need to check with US customs.

The power cable will not be anything unique, normally they are a PSU with a C7 power cable attached, so just swap out that C7 lead with a US one, you probably already have a bunch of them.
By saintjoe Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 pm
greavous420 wrote:It was me who confused you with the Waves thing.

At the moment any version of MPC after 1.6 fails when scanning for new Waves plugins.

The current workaround is to install 1.6 and then scan the plugins and then upgrade to the latest version. It may be a Mac only thing and not Windows. I have the issue on 2 different Macs and the 1.9.7.1 release didn't fix it as I tested it out. Once you have done this if you get a new non-waves plugin you can just use 'scan new' and not worry about it rescanning the Waves

I hope that makes more sense now. Its not a massive issue as there are workarounds but its just one of those stupid little things.

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... es-plugins

Cool, thanks!
By saintjoe Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:Thanks for doing this Saint Joe! Although I think it'll be the last time you're allowed to ask questions lol! I kinda felt bad for him not having half the answers.

Ahahahaha nah man lol, it was cool, he was honest and I appreciate it. I'm sure the questions that didn't get answered will get answered, I will keep asking until they do ;)
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:12 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Check out Thomann.de, the Live is cheap at $870 shipping included. They gave me a great quote but they don't supply the correct AC adapter for the US for they are a Europeon market :(

The price Thomann quoted you is exclusive of VAT (EU sales tax), so EU customers will pay approx 20% on top of that, which brings Thomann in line with all other EU/UK suppliers (who advertise the VAT inclusive price by default).

You probably wont get charged VAT, but there probably will be import duties of some description, you'd need to check with US customs.

The power cable will not be anything unique, normally they are a PSU with a C7 power cable attached, so just swap out that C7 lead with a US one, you probably already have a bunch of them.

Its cool I import from all over the world and its rather cheap for me than ordering from the US. The Customs usually keep the packages for a week inspecting for drugs or contraband until I get it, but thats a random thing, 90% I receive it directly when using 2 day express. My last album in vinyl was manufactured in London and costs were subject to reproduction and shipping only.
By Dj Bo Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 pm
Thanks Saint Joe! And some damn good questions from you and the forum members. Andy Mac was also very cooperative and seemed authentically enthusiastic about my new sampler :). I wonder how they'll keep developing new features in the software, but if it does what it is supposed to right now, I think it will do everything I need it to do, and more. And no more mousing! :-D (adding to the standalone-vs-software discussion)
I've just got a personal e-mail reply from my store it will be delivered to me in the beginning of next week (Mpc Live) :D. Fingers crossed. I've ordered it the day the news got out.
By Dj Bo Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm
Yeah, thats's what Andy Mac said. I know, that's why the 'fingers crossed' remark. I'm hoping he said that so people wouldn't go bug Akai for not shipping as mentioned. The store is in the Netherlands (so close to the UK) and went from ' 3 weeks delivery time' to ' 26 weeks' to '14 days' to whatever. I hope my store just got in on the first batch, and that I got in on that batch for ordering the first day it was online. It was not a standard e-mail, because they specifically replied to my question about my planning a vacation after delivery. But fingers crossed because they also said: ' We got a word from our supplier it will delivered beginning of next week' so if the supplier (Akai) doesn't come through, I'll be spending my vacation with my trusty MV. ;)
And maybe there's a difference between the shipping dates of the Live and the X.
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Danoblk wrote:He I'm a importer here in Canada too how can you import these ? Hey send me a email [email protected] let's talk maybe we can import export some different products back and forward.

Ah, maybe import was a wrong word to use. I should say I buy from shops via mail not commercially.
By rookie Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 pm
Thanks Saint joe as others said for getting some answers as we anticipate the new software and machines. You got a answer to my question about reading the legacy MPC files , as he said he loaded up something from the 3000 recently. Tutor said that he would buy you an "X" for your time and giving the forum a shout out! Peace.