MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By summer2k Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:03 pm
Does anyone know if the number of submix tracks has been increased from 8 in the Live or X? What about on the MPC 2.0 software? Is the limit still 8 submix tracks?

It would be nice to have at least 16 submix tracks in my opinion. Then we could easily route each track type (ie. drums, bass, keys, vox, fx, etc) to their own submix bus and not worry about the 8 tracks limit.

Track grouping and folders are also nice to have features. Hopefully those are planned for a future update.

I'm planning to use the X exclusively in standalone mode or in MPC 2.0 as much as I can without the use of any other DAWs. If it's not feasible to mix and master on the X or in MPC 2.0 then I'll have to export the track stems in Reason 9, Studio One, Ableton Live, or Mixbus and do the job there. But again I'd rather stay in MPC land from beginning to end if that's possible.