MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By theCOO Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:28 pm
i think i read somewhere (probably in the long thread on this forum!) that it wouldn't be possible to play samples saved on a USB stick or SD card - you'd have to copy them onto the Live's internal storage first.

if that's true, does anyone know if samples can be played directly from the optional 2.5" SSD if fitted?

i want to be able to access my sample library live, not fart about copying files from here to there before i can even preview anything.

thanks!
By kejlabal Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:04 pm
You will not be able to play sounds (expect preview) without putting them into RAM.

You will have to load the sounds like in the software in the project.

So when you'll browze your SSD, you will preview them and load them in your project.
By Living Bate Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:16 pm
**** wrote:We don´t know because the boat with the new MPCs didn´t arrive yet. Apparently it got kidnapped by Filipino pirates and was taken to the iconic bermuda triangle.

FFS!!
By Wormhelmet Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm
I read it was a Pirate Coalition.

The members are from Bermuda, Uganda, Trinidad, Tanzania.

Otherwise known as the B.U.T.T. Pirate Coalition.

They made a statement earlier today saying Akai was asking for it specifically from them.

:shock:
By richie Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 pm
**** wrote:We don´t know because the boat with the new MPCs didn´t arrive yet. Apparently it got kidnapped by Filipino pirates and was taken to the iconic bermuda triangle.

Bermuda Triangle is nowhere near the Asia Pacific man. Step your globe game up.