MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By optik415 Fri May 05, 2017 11:28 am
1. How many clips can you do in controller mode? Also would the MPC live be capable of doing some sort of DJ set where i can load up a playlist of songs to blend/beat match with by launching clips? Basically doing a whole live music set (DJ Style) with the MPC live but im sure that it would have to be in controller mode for that

2. The audio interface and all ins/outs are usable in controller mode as well as standalone mode correct?? Andy maybe worded this wrong in a video but he said it had to be one or the other.

3. Can i use regular timestretch via sample edit mode when the live is in standalone mode?

Any info would be great. Im sure the warp bug btwn standalone/controller mode will get fixed and plenty of features are still on the way.
By zangetsu01 Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 pm
Junqle wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread but I'd also like to know if there is an option for sidechain compression in standalone mode for the live.

As it stands now there is no side chaining in 2.0. Both in controller and standalone mode. :Sigh:
By Junqle Fri May 05, 2017 1:02 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Junqle wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread but I'd also like to know if there is an option for sidechain compression in standalone mode for the live.

As it stands now there is no side chaining in 2.0. Both in controller and standalone mode. :Sigh:

Damn, hope this gets addressed in the near future.
By optik415 Sat May 06, 2017 7:36 am
I would like side chaining as well but I really want answers to my questions cause i plan on getting a live in the next week. Anyone that can help would be much appreciated
By Cockdiesel Sat May 06, 2017 8:04 am
1. I imagine that you can do a lot with the software, but from what I seen with the clips is that you could get close especially depending on the size of the files you are using. I barely tinkered with the clips section and is one of the areas I don't understand yet. Although I have an apc and understand clips. The thing is setup to make your own clips! Loops, audio tracks and to integrate it all in one. I however haven't ventured that far yet. Standalone you can have 8 banks of 16 pads like any program. It's also an option for a track like drums and key groups are. However the demos are confusing as most are complete songs and the whole clips/ audio tracks are really new to me. I've just been trying to learn the basics of the workflow.

2. The sound card was functioning for me tonight when the live was in a limbo. It only pairs with the software for controller mode, and I exited standalone mode. So the screen said searching for computer, but I was listening to some music I uploaded from it on windows media player. Sounded pretty good to me. However I didn't try to sample in standalone mode using it. I will try this tomorrow or you. But I imagine it will work. Also file transfer is super simple if you have a ssd card, but I haven't figured out a way to take any content from the internal hard drive to and from the computer yet.

3. Time streatch is one of the functions on the sample edit PROCESS screen along with pitch shift, normalize etc. haven't dug to deep like I said and not trying to be vague either. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can but I am still learning this os. It's still mpc but it's like going from an apple to windows or vice versa. I spend a lot of time looking for simple things, like sample assign, etc. it's completely different than the legacy Mpcs I am used to. Not at all in a bad way either. Mpc software users have the upper hand on that aspect. I also think as I use the software more it will help me to learn the os better to.