MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By midilifestyle Sat May 06, 2017 3:49 am
I would love to use an external midi controller to control things like insert effects and sample tuning. It would also be sweet to be able to start sample recording using a midi foot controller.

There's a whole chapter in the manual about using the Live to control OTHER things, but what about other things controlling Live?

I don't see anything like a midi implementation chart. Has anyone figured this out yet?
By Dj Bo Sat May 06, 2017 6:56 am
midilifestyle wrote:I would love to use an external midi controller to control things like insert effects and sample tuning. It would also be sweet to be able to start sample recording using a midi foot controller.

There's a whole chapter in the manual about using the Live to control OTHER things, but what about other things controlling Live?

I don't see anything like a midi implementation chart. Has anyone figured this out yet?

+ 1!
I too couldn't find it in the manual. Maybe someone finds something in the hardware. If it's not possible, maybe I'll open up a twitter account and mention it to Pete Goodliffe. If they could give us a menu with 127 assignable receive midi cc numbers, that would be great. Or a midi learn mode :) And you have Looper, surely you should have the possibility to control that with a midi foot controller.
By Cockdiesel Sat May 06, 2017 8:30 am
I will hook up an apc or a keyboard to it later today and let you know what I find out. I imagine if you can midi control effects, etc in the software it can be done, but the midi section isn't at all like other Mpcs. I know it will power it but I've been up too long for more experiments.
By Dj Bo Sat May 06, 2017 10:14 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I will hook up an apc or a keyboard to it later today and let you know what I find out. I imagine if you can midi control effects, etc in the software it can be done, but the midi section isn't at all like other Mpcs. I know it will power it but I've been up too long for more experiments.

Thanks man!
By Cockdiesel Sat May 06, 2017 8:02 pm
The apc works and powers up just off the live itself. All buttons, sliders and knobs sen midi and recognized by the live however I need to dig into more. So far, I got the sliders to work but only on a sample I wasn't able to choose. Like when I hit arm track it played a sample and I was able to control the level. Apc could be a really useful tool, but I'm assuming everything will need to mapped out. I will work on this more later tonight after work.
By back2future Sat May 06, 2017 8:04 pm
Page 188 in the Manual.

Last night I couldn't do it in standalone mode for certain. Then looked in the manual and saw that you should be able to set it up in the software and save the template in the live for standalone use. More Midi CC's become available in the editor.

No Midi chart as of yet that i can find
By midilifestyle Sat May 06, 2017 8:32 pm
I haven't connected to the computer yet so that might work, but I don't see anything on page 188 about controlling the MPC. That page refers to the MPC controlling *other things*, like I was saying at the top of this thread