MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ekl1p5e Sat May 06, 2017 9:13 pm
I am on the fence deciding on whether to go for the MPC X or not. I was spoiled with the MPC4000 because it was so easy for me to get my ideas out the way I like and quickly. Because of this, I have been hesitant to join the software world because whenever I would try it out, issues like latency, drivers, compatibility, maneuvering, etc. would send me back running to the 4k. I did get the MPC Ren and I am sort of cool with it, but the timing thing is killing my vibe. I had the 5k and sold that because that was the first place that I noticed it. Its almost like the notes are being forced to some quantization through a software process out of the control of the user. My question is for anyone who has used the 4k and the X, is the timing feel of the X different from the 4k? I do plan on going to a music store and playing it myself but I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Secondly, I have read that the USB ports support controllers. Are USB compliant sound modules\keyboards like the Kronos or Integra 7 supported through the USB ports through USB MIDI? Thank you in advance for any insight.
By zangetsu01 Sat May 06, 2017 11:32 pm
No one has really played with the 'X'.. Those machines are nowhere to be found.. Only at music gear events.. Still waiting for mine..