MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J.O.BEATS Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 am
midilifestyle wrote:Has anyone been able to start a beat on the live and then open that file up on their computer? I can't find a single thing from my MPC Live within the MPC 2.0 software. I haven't installed any factory content on my computer--it all comes preloaded on the hardware and I've been using that--so there is literally nothing I could use to make a beat in the 2.0 software with my MPC connected, just endless empty folders

It's a sampler. Sample something
By Ill-Green Fri May 12, 2017 6:28 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:
midilifestyle wrote:Has anyone been able to start a beat on the live and then open that file up on their computer? I can't find a single thing from my MPC Live within the MPC 2.0 software. I haven't installed any factory content on my computer--it all comes preloaded on the hardware and I've been using that--so there is literally nothing I could use to make a beat in the 2.0 software with my MPC connected, just endless empty folders

It's a sampler. Sample something

Thats not what he means. He speaking about making a beat in standalone and then finishing it on the software. I think he has to save it somewhere so the computer can read it.
By Living Bate Fri May 12, 2017 7:04 am

I don't own a Live or 2.0, but surely that must be possible....it has to be one of the most basic functions that people will want....
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 12, 2017 7:20 am

I believe any project you wish to also open in the computer GUI must currently be saved from your Live either to an external USB disk or SD card, or if you have one installed, an internal SATA. The 16GB internal drive is currently not accessible outside of your Live.
By Living Bate Fri May 12, 2017 7:55 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:The 16GB internal drive is currently not accessible outside of your Live.

I find that so crazy....with drag and drop technology being so commonplace, i don't understand why they couldn't implement it...
By wavejockey Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Living Bate wrote:I find that so crazy....with drag and drop technology being so commonplace, i don't understand why they couldn't implement it...

especially when they dropped that (drag 'n' drop functionality) in every teaser clip they aired
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 12, 2017 8:49 am
Can someone definitively confirm exactly which drives you can access when connecting the Live to a computer via USB?

My understanding is it is any connected drive other than the 16GB internal. So if you have installed an internal SATA, have an SD card in the Live's slot and have a USB flash drive in the Live's USB port, your computer will see all 3 drives available for file transfer purposes. Is this correct?
By omygod Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Can someone definitively confirm exactly which drives you can access when connecting the Live to a computer via USB?

My understanding is it is any connected drive other than the 16GB internal. So if you have installed an internal SATA, have an SD card in the Live's slot and have a USB flash drive in the Live's USB port, your computer will see all 3 drives available for file transfer purposes. Is this correct?

This is correct
By BeatWilson Sat May 13, 2017 3:59 am
So there no Side Chain in hardware yawl are saying?? Just to confirm.
Also I'm hearing a lack of effects? Someone explain what they got and what they don't got. Im interested in one but will more or less wait for them to iron out bugs etc etc. What about warp/timestretch?
By cmackg Sun May 14, 2017 2:00 pm
So here's a few things I noticed (All in Live Standalone)
1. Importing projects with plugins/vst not on the live gives this weird option to only "Cancel" the import. I know it has things on it that need changing, please let me open the file and get to work.

2. WTF on the save dialog at the main screen? It seems to be thinking my project is a program, a sequence, or a sample. Plus, how the heck do I navigate up/out of whatever location I am stuck in in the file system?

3. The initial load screen -- either go to main, or browse through demos/programs/files needs work. I feel stuck each time that screen opens.

4. Need a new icon for the Menu space vs the main space -- they're both a house, but they are not the same places.

5. I second the request for deleting tracks, sorting them up/down with a drag'n'drop process.

5.5 -- the big encoder wheel and the +/- buttons are not always clear on who does what, when. It seems at times they'll both move a selection, option, at other times only one or the other.

6. In controller mode, I want to be able to load a VST without leaving my Live's screen. The reason I'm dead-ended on my Studio is that forced back/forth from screen to computer. I want to keep all my focus on the Live as much as possible.

Took a while to figure out loading programs in the browser space, but I kind of like that now. My process tends to be -- get a basic beat on a drum set, then add a few programs, then think about samples to fit. So the flow kind of works, just trying to figure out where they moved my cheeses to.