MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm
zangetsu01 wrote: After all the years that I left the 2500 untouched it's verry strange that the tact switches were degraded. I had to open it up and spray the damn thing with electrical cleaner or else I could not sell it.

I had a similar problem with the pad sensors on my MPC500. I bought the 500, used it for 2-3 months while I wrote my 500 tutorial book, boxed it up and put it in storage for a few years and somehow the pad sensors are now knackered, have to literally hit the pads with a hammer to get a velocity of 5.
By zangetsu01 Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 pm
**** wrote:These new "MPCs" will be the same. So be sure to have DeoxIT ready when your pile of junk...erm...I mean the iconic X arrives!

:lol:

:Sigh:

I've got 2 questions for you:

1) Whats your opinion on 2.0? :popcorn:
2) How many beats have you already produced on your MPC Live? :popcorn:

I'm asking this because we haven't seen you around much sinds the launch of 2.0 Beta and the Live.
So I assume you are Beta testing the crap out of the machine so I can have a bug free 'X' at launch..

And uhmm.. thanxXx in advance for your commitment and your contribution to the community.. :smoker:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Living Bate Thu May 11, 2017 2:04 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I assume you are Beta testing the **** out of the machine so I can have a bug free 'X' at launch..

And uhmm.. thanxXx in advance for your commitment and your contribution to the community

TheUnfuckwithable ay nasa Bermuda sa kanyang Live sa isang barko ng pirata
By TheUnfuckwithable Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
**** wrote:These new "MPCs" will be the same. So be sure to have DeoxIT ready when your pile of junk...erm...I mean the iconic X arrives!

:lol:

:Sigh:

I've got 2 questions for you:

1) Whats your opinion on 2.0? :popcorn:
2) How many beats have you already produced on your MPC Live? :popcorn:

I'm asking this because we haven't seen you around much sinds the launch of 2.0 Beta and the Live.
So I assume you are Beta testing the **** out of the machine so I can have a bug free 'X' at launch..

And uhmm.. thanxXx in advance for your commitment and your contribution to the community.. :smoker:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry to break your heart, but I don't suck dick.
By zangetsu01 Thu May 11, 2017 4:10 pm
You are giving it away yourself (your profession).. Nobody was talking about d*cks until you voluntary gave it away yourself.. :popcorn:
very strange how you associate MPC's/2.0 with sucking d*cks..?? :hmmm:

Could that be how you got into the beta test team..?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Unreallystic Thu May 11, 2017 6:10 pm
*Holding my hand up at the back of the classroom*

Is there a place for reporting bugs, I've got a consistent one - when doing Program setup, if I hit two pads at once...which happens a lot for me since I sort of groove with whatever sounds I'm auditioning, the Live starts to bug out a little. Its nothing major, re-tapping the pad (on screen) I want will stop the convulsing, but some of the pads will get the wrong samples on them *shrug*

Also, I know most folks here don't need it, but I have a feeling there are a high number of people like me - not MPC users, getting the Live who could REALLY use a manual, or something a bit more in-depth than the provided Quickstart. Either PDFs on their website, or video series like they have 'by' Ableton.
- Unreall
By Fanu Thu May 11, 2017 6:22 pm
Unreallystic wrote:Is there a place for reporting bugs, I've got a consistent one

They're really stressing that you need to report these from the smiley at the bottom right of 2.0 and it'll go directly to the dev team.
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 pm
Unreallystic wrote:Also, I know most folks here don't need it, but I have a feeling there are a high number of people like me - not MPC users, getting the Live who could REALLY use a manual, or something a bit more in-depth than the provided Quickstart.

MPC Live/MPC Software 2.0 tutorials coming very soon from yours truly...
By Unreallystic Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 pm
Fanu wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:Is there a place for reporting bugs, I've got a consistent one

They're really stressing that you need to report these from the smiley at the bottom right of 2.0 and it'll go directly to the dev team.

I'm 100% Stand-alone, haven't bothered installing 2.0, know any other way? I want to do my part, maybe I'll install it this weekend, but I got the Live for "Lunch time at work" hehe.
-Unreall
By Unreallystic Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:Also, I know most folks here don't need it, but I have a feeling there are a high number of people like me - not MPC users, getting the Live who could REALLY use a manual, or something a bit more in-depth than the provided Quickstart.

MPC Live/MPC Software 2.0 tutorials coming very soon from yours truly...

Nice. I'll need/want that link. My first/last MPC was the 1000, back in like 05, and I couldn't figure it out so I ended up selling it. Went to back to Reason until a year or so ago and switched to Ableton, so I've got little experience with the MPC OS.
- Unreall
By JeriKo Jackson Thu May 11, 2017 7:22 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I understand both of you, JJ did his best but there was no remedy for the bad sound quality. Thats why mine hase been eating dust for all these years untill I sold it to fund the 'X'. The workflow had a lot of potential but the sound quality killed it for me. Not only that but also the build quality. After all the years that I left the 2500 untouched it's verry strange that the tact switches were degraded. I had to open it up and spray the damn thing with electrical cleaner or else I could not sell it.

As a long time 2000 and 2kxl user I wholeheartedly agree about the sound of 2500 and 1k. They are harsh in comparison to my older units. I'm not smart enough to explain why.

Build quality passed the eye test but akai infamously **** up the 1k pads (thanks mpcstuff), and the tact switches on both units were a joke I had my 2kxl for 15 years - no failed buttons. My first 1000, just about half failed in 6 years.
By TheUnfuckwithable Thu May 11, 2017 9:00 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:the tact switches on both units were a joke I had my 2kxl for 15 years - no failed buttons. My first 1000, just about half failed in 6 years.

The tacts on my brand new 2500 were acting up after 6 months... :Sigh:
By starmanwarz Thu May 11, 2017 9:07 pm
**** wrote:
JeriKo Jackson wrote:the tact switches on both units were a joke I had my 2kxl for 15 years - no failed buttons. My first 1000, just about half failed in 6 years.

The tacts on my brand new 2500 were acting up after 6 months... :Sigh:

Same here, pad sensor on my 2500 failed after a couple of months.. Opened it up and saw it myself, what a cheap piece of shit the 2500 was...
By midilifestyle Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 am
Has anyone been able to start a beat on the live and then open that file up on their computer? I can't find a single thing from my MPC Live within the MPC 2.0 software. I haven't installed any factory content on my computer--it all comes preloaded on the hardware and I've been using that--so there is literally nothing I could use to make a beat in the 2.0 software with my MPC connected, just endless empty folders