MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:32 pm
jahm_b wrote:Can you provide some other affordable options? I'm open to suggestions. :popcorn:

The one from Ill-Green I'm not sure of the price.

or

iSeries Injection Molded Case for Akai MPC. Model: 3i1813-5MPCL. The cost: $100 to $135.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:38 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I don't recommend backpacks or soft cases, unless you just going a walking distance from A to B. But if you the type that travels a lot on trains, planes and automobiles, a hard case is highly recommended.

I agree, I also follow one simple rule. Don't take anything on the road I can't afford to instantly replace. Be it damage or theft.
By Danoc Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:00 pm
The one III Gteen has was $39 but he got the last one. I agree with Green too
By kaydigi Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:42 pm
Man I’ll look like a mad bomber carrying one of those briefcases into my job. I started leaving my Live at home.

I just carry a Surface and silver studio with me in a jansport. I’ll chop samples and load up a expansion for some drums.

When I get back home I just load up it on the desktop.

I ordered two different soft bags that I’ll try out with the live. I used to carry the 1000 around with me every day, and I want to start taking my love to work again.
By kaydigi Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:41 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Come on guys backpack+Decksaver and you’re done!Don’t make your life difficult..In superbooth i went to Decksaver booth and their CEO told me to jump on one and i did and guess what?It didn’t break..

Is that what you're rocking? What bag? My decksaver slides off my Maschine Mk1 pretty easily.

Edit

Well, I just jostled my Maschine Mk1 in my book bag for a good 20 minutes. The decksaver seemed pretty steady and never came off. Guess i'm ordering one for the LIVE and a Maschine MK3 one.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:16 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Come on guys backpack+Decksaver and you’re done!Don’t make your life difficult..In superbooth i went to Decksaver booth and their CEO told me to jump on one and i did and guess what?It didn’t break..

Is the backpack and deck-saver water proof and dust proof? Just incase you decide to use it as a storage container. How does it handle bumps, vibrations, falls, not to mention having to opening it up at airports searches? Taking things out of backpack, then putting it back in, is a pain. Especially at airports. When I transport my gear, I can never be to safe. :-D
By Al Yeska Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:22 pm
Choose a good one, the knobs are delicate! Ive noticed they dont work if , even pressure is applied to the knobs.
By DJSpaceP Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:08 pm
I found an old EuroLite CD case in my gear closet, pulled out all the CD spacers and the MPC Live fits almost perfectly in the X/Y dimensions, with a single CD spacer on the right to subtract about 3/4 of an inch from the width. Pretty sure this is the same as my old old old case that I've had for years:

http://www.procases.com/products/stock- ... -row-cases

Then I discovered that an old Nintendo Switch box fits perfectly underneath the MPC, inside the case, to raise the MPC so that it fits just within the closed lid.

I'll need to add a little foam padding on the sides, as well as some shaped padding in the lid to fit the top around the knobs, but I seem to have discovered a reasonable hard case solution, plus I can put all my cables, power supply, headphones, etc in the Nintendo box underneath.

I also might spray paint or otherwise cover the Nintendo box so that it isn't a "colorful distraction".