MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Icepulse Sun May 14, 2017 5:03 pm
Hello crew.

Working nicely w/ the Live...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUEGaqfDk3d ... nflattered

But i've connected it to my MacBook Pro (late 2012), and no matter what I do, I can't get the software to recognize the SD card in the Live.

All I want to do is save some of the old projects to the Live, for working with them in standalone... I cannot get the Software to mount the SD card. I've tried all combos of cable insertion order, etc. etc. Goodliffe made it sound like the 2.0 software would immediately recognize an inserted, functional SD card (exFAT formatted). No go.

Any tips?

Thanks.
By zangetsu01 Sun May 14, 2017 8:23 pm
Icepulse wrote:Hello crew.

But i've connected it to my MacBook Pro (late 2012), and no matter what I do, I can't get the software to recognize the SD card in the Live.

All I want to do is save some of the old projects to the Live, for working with them in standalone... I cannot get the Software to mount the SD card. I've tried all combos of cable insertion order, etc. etc. Goodliffe made it sound like the 2.0 software would immediately recognize an inserted, functional SD card (exFAT formatted). No go.

Any tips?

Thanks.

I assume this problem is in controller mode:

If you're working with a PC you should check if the drive letter that the PC wants to assign to the SD is not already taken by another drive.

This can happen sometimes when you insert a external storage device.

Go to:

Control panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management.

See if your drive pops up in the lower section. If it does, right click and assign a different drive letter to it but first make sure that letter hasn't been taken yet.
By Fanu Sun May 14, 2017 8:42 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:

Any tips?

Thanks.

I assume this problem is in controller mode:

If you're working with a PC you should check if the drive letter that the PC wants to assign to the SD is not already taken by another drive.

This can happen sometimes when you insert a external storage device.

Go to:

Control panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management.

See if your drive pops up in the lower section. If it does, right click and assign a different drive letter to it but first make sure that letter hasn't been taken yet.

He says he's on a Mac.
This is strange, as it works perfectly for me.
By zangetsu01 Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 pm
Fanu wrote:
He says he's on a Mac.
This is strange, as it works perfectly for me.

Misread his post sorry.. :wink:
By Fanu Sun May 14, 2017 9:46 pm
FWIW, I did also notice that a CF card of mine that's non-brand does not show up in the Live when I connect it to it via a USB card reader, while a Kingston one does. My Octatrack didn't see that either, while an EMU did. Go figure.
So maybe the non-brand ones don't work. Always best to get the major brands anyways to be sure.
The SD card I have is Sandisk 16 GB.
By Danoc Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 pm
reformat that SD card and see what happens.
Peace

Any tips?

Thanks.
By Icepulse Mon May 15, 2017 10:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Try different cable, different port etc.

It was the blue USB cable that came w/ the unit. I used an older one, and the card popped right up.
By J.O.BEATS Tue May 16, 2017 4:13 am
I feel like I'm losing my mind.....
Is there not a way to save a single sample by itself in stand alone? What am I missing?
By J.O.BEATS Tue May 16, 2017 4:30 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:I feel like I'm losing my mind.....
Is there not a way to save a single sample by itself in stand alone? What am I missing?

Never mind.....figured it out
By Ill-Green Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 am
kaydigi wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Maybe it has to do that your computers are dated functioning on USB2.0 while the cable is USB3.0?

I have dedicated 3.0 slots and it was hit or miss with those.

:o Defect in the plug itself. Cheap bullshit ready to burn crap.