MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bain Tue May 23, 2017 1:46 am
tsutek wrote:I've been using a 1k with JJOS a few years and am getting the live this week. Certainly looking forward to it! All I wanted was a better screen and a proper CYCLE function that doesn't spam the trigs across the cycled pads. The new pads and battery should be good as well. And being onboard a platform thatis still "actively developed" feels good too.

My Live will be delivered on Wednesday.....still can't believe I decided to buy one. I'm going to retire my 2500. I love it but chopping on it is something that I've never got used to. I love the chopping workflow in the mpc ren software so i had to switch.
By flextone Tue May 23, 2017 8:33 am
I've been on a 3000 for the past 10 years. Sold it as I stopped using it, and now I miss the MPC workflow and planning on getting the 1000. The Live just seems wrong to me. I don't chop vinyl samples, and I have a DAW for more complex arrangements. The user interface seems strange and I hate touch screens, plus the colors are driving me crazy. The 1000 still feels like a musical instrument, Live is more like a smartphone. Maybe in the future I'll grab a second hand one when it's a bit more developed.

R