MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Fri May 19, 2017 12:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Most of the bigger UK retailers are still holding their original prices, you'd think they would have updated those by now if this was an official RRP increase from Akai, it's been a few days now. Why would they be taking preorders at 799 if the RRP is now 969?

Which retailers still have it at 799, cos all da ones I seen its 969
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm
jpeg wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Most of the bigger UK retailers are still holding their original prices, you'd think they would have updated those by now if this was an official RRP increase from Akai, it's been a few days now. Why would they be taking preorders at 799 if the RRP is now 969?

Which retailers still have it at 799, cos all da ones I seen its 969

It's as if they were all reading my post, they literally all changed their pricing in the past couple of hours. :WTF:

Before my post, GAK, DV247, andertons, Juno etc were all 799.

Fairdeal still 799

http://www.fairdealmusic.co.uk/akai-mpc ... order.html
By jpeg Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
It's as if they were all reading my post, they literally all changed their pricing in the past couple of hours. :WTF:

Before my post, GAK, DV247, andertons, Juno etc were all 799.

Fairdeal still 799

http://www.fairdealmusic.co.uk/akai-mpc ... order.html

I just ordered from fair deal, lmao

good shout tutor I aint loaded but I was ready to pay the extra £169; Id be vexed but it aint the end of the world I have wasted £200 quid before so was just gonna consider it a write off.

but on a plus note all the stores seem certain this thing is coming next week, if I dont get mine next week I will just cancel and go and pay full price.
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri May 19, 2017 4:57 pm
starmanwarz wrote:I'm surprised by the lack of complaining, everyone must be filthy rich around here.

True fanboys don´t complain. They swallow Jack´s dick...erm...I meant the price rise like there´s no tomorrow...
By Chillin Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm
**** wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:I'm surprised by the lack of complaining, everyone must be filthy rich around here.

True fanboys don´t complain. They swallow Jack´s dick...erm...I meant the price rise like there´s no tomorrow...

I think Akai focuses more on the "professional" market.
By starmanwarz Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm
The Live is still fairly priced, I think. Although increasing the price a week before release in the EU gives you an idea of what a shitty company they are.

The X on the other hand, at 2,200 euros is a **** joke. A premium price for an non premium product by an unreliable company.

Previous standalones were like what, $1,400?
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri May 19, 2017 7:50 pm
Chillin wrote:I think Akai focuses more on the "professional" market.

I think the opposite is the case. The original Akai focused on professional musicians whereas Nukai focuses on the consumers. Wannabes who think they can only do dope beats on MPCs or plastic controllers with iconic MPC pads.

:Sigh:

Products with such a bad build quality are clearly not aimed at the pro market...
By Chillin Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 pm
**** wrote:
Chillin wrote:I think Akai focuses more on the "professional" market.

I think the opposite is the case. The original Akai focused on professional musicians whereas Nukai focuses on the consumers. Wannabes who think they can only do dope beats on MPCs or plastic controllers with iconic MPC pads.

:Sigh:

Products with such a bad build quality are clearly not aimed at the pro market...

Considering the price tag?

You can go with this too...