MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ralphyartis' Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 pm
Sample Edit works well It is very nice, I can adjust my start and end points with ease but once I click the PROCESS function to discard what I don't need or do any type of other processing, that entire window is unresponsive.

Anybody else having this issue? Maybe something simple I am overlooking.

Also note that the ASSIGN window is also unresponsive
By marctronixx Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 pm
not seen that and i fiddle with this machine daily. is it in controller mode or standalone? I only use it in standalone.

do you have an SSD/HD installed? whats it formatted to?

whats your CPU load and RAM usage when this occurs?
By ralphyartis' Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 am
I am running standalone mode. Got the machine a day ago. No HD or SSD I'm using a CF card reader at the moment but I don't see how the storage used would make a difference when the samples are loaded to RAM correct? Regardless if I load a sample in or sample through the inputs this is a problem.
By ralphyartis' Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 am
Yes true the big jog wheel does allow me to browse through all the possible functions and processing options such as discard, extract, normalize, etc. but nothing is possible beyond that.

There is a do it button, as well as a function button on the touchscreen that do not respond when tapped.

If I press the big jog wheel it enters what looks like the function screen but that entire screen is unresponsive.

The manual says something like double tap a function, this also does not work for me.
By ralphyartis' Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 am
Can you guys check what version firmware your lives are running for me?

I decided to install the software and run the live, all the windows seem to work perfectly while in controller mode.

On start up of the MPC software it does say that my live is running out of date firmware. I need an update but apparently akaipro.com only has firmware updates on their site for the studio and rennaisance.

Where can I get an update?
By Icepulse Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am
Maybe the project is corrupted? I'd do a factory reset, and try another card. Or at least do a reset, then start a new project saved internally. Are the samples you're working on recorded into the Live, or did you load existing samples from the SD card?

Lastly, Where did you get the device? I'd return it, ASAP, and ask for a replacement.
By ralphyartis' Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 pm
Icepulse wrote:Maybe the project is corrupted? I'd do a factory reset, and try another card. Or at least do a reset, then start a new project saved internally. Are the samples you're working on recorded into the Live, or did you load existing samples from the SD card?

Lastly, Where did you get the device? I'd return it, ASAP, and ask for a replacement.

Likely I will return it, I called AKAI customer service and they have no idea. There isn't another version of the firmware according to them.

Bought it at zZounds, they won't have any more units till June 11th I will have to wait, in the mean time I can still make beats without the capability of editing samples, 16 levels and the ability to erase.

Hopefully I don't find anymore issues with it. Great machine otherwise.
By ralphyartis' Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 am
I have emailed this to AKAI

Here is an updated list of all the features that are not working on my MPC LIVE:

16 LEVEL window - touchscreen unresponsive

ERASE window - touchscreen unresponsive

TIME CORRECT window - touchscreen unresponsive (when selected from MAIN window at top right corner of touchscreen) It does work when selected in TRACK VIEW and STEP SEQUENCER windows

ASSIGN and PROCESS windows selectable at bottom right of SAMPLE EDIT window are unresponsive