MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ModestMse Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm
Hey guys...sorry if this is something stupid to ask but I feel I have tried everything and must be missing something simple.

All I want to be able to do is record my live playing into the MPC Live using my midi tracks. Whenever I record my parts it tries to sync up to the metronome clicker which is useful for sure...but to just be able to record notes when I want them (even if not on beat like solos...or obscure key parts) surely shouldn't be this hard. I want to record a live drum track without any time correction or qunantization...how do i accomplish this? Thanks for any help. Loving me the Live so far!!!!

BP
By saltmcgault Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:05 pm
STATIC1999 wrote:what is is tc?

STATIC1999 wrote:i bought this thing and hit it off from the get go, now im going crazy and the beats always off.,,,,wtf the deal? and what is tc? im going crazy

viewtopic.php?t=126379
By 40Beatz Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:12 pm
You have To Teach Them by Example tho! lol
By DokBrown Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:58 pm
Get that MPC TUTOR bible & save yourself a lot of grief
By handthrow Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:49 pm
You can also check the manual (user guide) which can be downloaded from akai website. And regarding it IMO the "window" parameter is a bit unclear in there, but apart from that it neatly explains TC