MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eightysix69 Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 am
I got a Studio Black a couple months ago. It does the job just fine. I've been putting money away here and there to buy this big-ass flagship MPCX whenever it finally gets on store shelves. But I've been reading about people having problems already with their MPC Lives and 2.0. Also hearing that 2.0 is still missing all kinds of important features. I love the MPC workflow and hardware but I'm just feeling like I should give up and get a Push 2. I've already invested in Abelton as my main DAW and apparently the Push 2 does everything the MPCX does. Thoughts? Yes I know it's a cool story, I want your **** opinions. Alot of people are jumping ship on Akai altogether and tons of them are moving to the Push 2...
By Wormhelmet Wed May 24, 2017 1:08 am
Its like this. Either Akai will keep releasing patches and updates until it's fixed, or they'll do a history repeat and leave parts of it uncooked and move on to the next money maker. They got the chance to redeem themselves a little if they fix issues in a decent time period, but too early to tell for me. Push 2 and Ableton got some solid features as does the older finished hardware I work on, but it takes everyone a little while to get things right. Me? I'll just bide my time with current gear until it looks as if most issues fixed, or see if they drop the ball.

I can wait for it to be just right.
By marctronixx Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 am
ive had the live for 3 weeks and ive made some cool creations on it. i dont use it with the software and haven't even downloaded the software.

most people come on message boards to complain or for a question/request. most dont just pop up stating how great a product is..they are too busy having fun to go on a message forum.

so take the "issues" you read about with a grain of salt.

i love the live so much i will use it on the go and keep the X at home.

since you have invested in other software, i recommend you NOT get the Live or X as you are not going to be satisfied based on your initial post.

if one keeps waiting for something to be just right, one will always be waiting as nothing is perfect.
By Fanu Wed May 24, 2017 8:29 am
marctronixx wrote:ive had the live for 3 weeks and ive made some cool creations on it. i dont use it with the software and haven't even downloaded the software.

most people come on message boards to complain or for a question/request. most dont just pop up stating how great a product is..they are too busy having fun to go on a message forum.

so take the "issues" you read about with a grain of salt.

i love the live so much i will use it on the go and keep the X at home.

since you have invested in other software, i recommend you NOT get the Live or X as you are not going to be satisfied based on your initial post.

if one keeps waiting for something to be just right, one will always be waiting as nothing is perfect.

Some truth here…on the forums, you will mostly see the criticism. Those who are happy about it won't post about it much.
By darwingrosse Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 am
Agree with Fanu - no social value in saying either "I've not had enough time to find any bugs yet!" or "Everything is cool - don't worry about me!". Much more attention if you can throw a fit.

So I'll just say this: I've had a few bumps in the road (Crucial SSD didn't work right, funky Q-Links when switching FX, confusion about how to Save As); but I've also had more fun - and done as much music - as I have in a long time. The lack of computer tethering is more freeing than I even remember with the legacy boxes, probably because the battery power option seems like being let off that final leash.

Despite some few problems, I'm flying high with this thing. Alas, some people are having much deeper issues than I, and I'm hoping they get sorted out (so they can share in the fun). In the meantime, Ima this:

Sorry for the not-so-exciting post!

[ddg]
By darwingrosse Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 pm
Fanu wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:…confusion about how to Save As

Hit the folder icon in main view and there you go!

Yeah, I found it. But I had to crack the manual - which was a crack-up. I'm not sure how long it has been since I've had to crack an MPC manual!

[ddg]
By Wormhelmet Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm
[quote="marctronixx"

if one keeps waiting for something to be just right, one will always be waiting as nothing is perfect.[/quote]

I said I'd wait until they get it right, not get it perfect. Plenty of older machines I work on where they got it right and can be operated according to manual without experiencing bugs, does what is promised, and no expectation they'll release a patch to fix something.

Sorry, people posting about it or not, they haven't done it right yet. Its a beta release and the X isn't even out.
By marctronixx Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 pm
Your reality simply isn't my reality, and thats ok, because we all have different expectations. You think its beta, I couldn't care less what label this version of firmware is called, its working for me in my environment.

Im an early adopter. Nothing is perfect and i like that things are not perfect.

Of course the X is not out. I didnt say it was.

Wormhelmet wrote:[quote="marctronixx"

I said I'd wait until they get it right, not get it perfect. Plenty of older machines I work on where they got it right and can be operated according to manual without experiencing bugs, does what is promised, and no expectation they'll release a patch to fix something.

Sorry, people posting about it or not, they haven't done it right yet. Its a beta release and the X isn't even out.[/quote]