MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sleesmpc Wed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm
I am using the MPC plug-in in Ableton Live and when Live is sending MIDI to MPC, it will only play back the selected track in MPC. If I use the same method I normally do when using Multi-Timbral synths, i.e. 'targeting' a MIDI channel, nothing changes..it still only plays the track selected in the MPC.

I looked for a preference or setting that would get this working but cannot find anything. Has anyone got this working and can help a brother out or is it just not possible?
By Danoc Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 pm
The only way l see this is have diferrent banks with different sounds also. You would have to be able to trigger all the notes in the same key at the same time.

This make work best and easier in controller mode.

Someone may have a better idea than mine.

sleesmpc wrote:I am using the MPC plug-in in Ableton Live and when Live is sending MIDI to MPC, it will only play back the selected track in MPC. If I use the same method I normally do when using Multi-Timbral synths, i.e. 'targeting' a MIDI channel, nothing changes..it still only plays the track selected in the MPC.

I looked for a preference or setting that would get this working but cannot find anything. Has anyone got this working and can help a brother out or is it just not possible?