MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By marctronixx Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm
ok, reach out to Akai and have then RMA you or return it to the store you got it from?

what's your point for posting this? these forums are not official akai forums, it's an enthusiast forum.

i've had it over 3 weeks and never done that.....

for real though, return it and get something else.
By Andersfatterhat Fri May 26, 2017 10:40 pm
the point was that maybe someone knew what to do.. I googled the problem and others had the same problem.. So maybe someone has a solution. Maybe i do something wrong. Thats why i ask..
By marctronixx Sat May 27, 2017 3:51 am
well did you reach out to AKAI? I think the devs there would be better equipped to handle your situation. its possible you may have a defective machine and no matter what you do to try to fix it wont change that, but you wont know unless you troubleshoot with akai directly.

if you have not put in an SSD or HDD, and if its shutting off on its own (not in controller mode), all you can do is check the power cable, wall outlet (maybe faulty power cord?). not much else you can check.

agan if its doing this all of a sudden with no interaction on your part, it may just be defective. i would seek out a replacement, an RMA from akai/inmusic, or return it.
By Wormhelmet Sat May 27, 2017 5:33 am
There is a bunch of people posting about issues on this forum. Why tell him to go somewhere else? Maybe soneone else found something out about units shutting down like incorrect type HD or something. Sure, he should RMA but why try to stifle a report of an issue here?
By marctronixx Sat May 27, 2017 6:21 am
if there is a "bunch of people" posting issues then what is the solution?

my point is this is an enthusiasts forum and inmusic dont necessarily use this to field troubleshoot issues. OP is better off directly talking to inmusic and getting the issue addressed immediately rather than sit on a forum and wait for someone to respond.

plus the unit is obviously still under a warranty so why not just return it?

my solutions are speculation because OP didn't post up any steps he or she did to try to rectify his or her issue, and rather than sit and wait for some speculation on a forum, why not go direct to the horse's mouth?
By Andersfatterhat Sat May 27, 2017 7:57 am
I will ask Akai.
I often get help on this side and no one has ever had an attitude about it before.
It was nighttime in Denmark and i was desperate - I have had the machine for a few hours so therefore there was a possibility that it was ME who was doing something wrong.
Im new with MPC (and a technical idiot) so i often find solutions to my problems by asking here.
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 27, 2017 9:51 am
It's good to post here as well as it might be a problem that the community has already found a solution for and often we'll respond much quicker than Akai support can. However if you do have an issue you should try to give us as much information as possible about it, the devil is often in the details.
By Moho Sat May 27, 2017 11:18 am
Ok might be a stupid question but are you running on battery, is it fully charged ?
If plugged in is it turned on at the plug socket ?

Maybe not such a stupid question as I have fx pedals that have done the same, enough charge in the battery to power up for 10 seconds and then shut down giving me momentary panic till I realise I haven't flicked the wall switch :Sigh:
By Icepulse Sat May 27, 2017 11:19 am
Everyone knows that an RMA process is arduous and can strip you of your device for weeks. And tech support from any big company is typically "did you try a different power outlet?" or some similar piece of pointless busywork. Conversely, there's a good chance, here, that someone will say "Oh, all you need to do is_______!!", and save our friend a lot of time and heartache.

Frankly, the most irritating thing about this thread is your nasty demeanor, @marctronixx. It gives the impression, to newcomers, that the forum is intolerant and impolite. And like David Byrne says, "I hate people when they're not polite".
By matt underwood Sat May 27, 2017 12:13 pm
hm, i totally understand ur frustration. luckily i don't have all this problems, except of my "optional ssd" self rejecting bug.. but i can live with that as long i can use usb sticks to save and load my files. anyways.. i'm really happy with my mpc so far, everything works great and fluid.. no hick ups, no lags, no crashes etc. personally i think its worth the money, for a standalone unit with all these functions, features and sounds and compared to a toriaz sp-16 for example ,which is more expensive have less functions, no built in battery etc., nope i think 799£ and even 999£ seems for me to be a fair price!
don't forget: we're early adopters and the mpc is a brand new product with a beta os.. so if u decide to buy something like this u. have to be aware of possible bugs etc and not blame others only because u don't wanted to wait.
but hey it's just my opinion, so pls no offense dudes!!

UPDATE: sry i've posted this in the wrong thread.. it should be in the "first impression" thread. i will post it there again. :Sigh: :Sigh: :WTF: :WTF:
Last edited by matt underwood on Sat May 27, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By zangetsu01 Sat May 27, 2017 12:20 pm
I think we should welcome all newcomers. some forums even have sticky threads dedicated to newcomers so they can introduce themselves.
If I was a newcomer and someone would cast fire on me like @marctronixx did, I would drop bombs..
By Danoc Sun May 28, 2017 10:16 am
Peace and greetings.
This what happened to me. When l first opened the MPC live l pushed the power bu TV ton and it looked like it was coming on then it dhut off. I did this twice. It was fue to the battery wasn't fully charged. So try plugging it up.

Andersfatterhat wrote:Had it for one day.. All of a sudden it just freeze and shuts down every time i turn it on?
By saturate Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:44 am
I have this same problem. Did it get solved for you?
My battery is fully charged. I attempted to install a SATA drive (which I pre-formatted ExFAT). There appeared to be no problem, the connector went in just fine, and the drive was seated properly. After doing this, the MPC shows the "MPC" boot screen, then shuts down after very briefly (1 second) showing one of those "Let's do this" type screens. Boom, "Shutting down" screen.

By the way, marctronixx, your rude and unsupportive behavior is totally unnecessary. People who are having problems with their MPC, who might have to send it away for a week or multiple weeks, are already feeling terrible. How about not being mean to them? Do you like it when someone gives you a hard time when you're already down?

This is my first impression of the MPC Forums, and it is not a good one.
By EnochLight Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 pm
saturate wrote:This is my first impression of the MPC Forums, and it is not a good one.

Try not to think too much about it. I'm fairly new here as well, and while there may be a few bad apples, most of the people here are generally helpful. Sorry to hear about your issue - I have no idea if the OP (Andersfatterhat) got his/her issue resolved. They never updated this thread so no one knows if they returned it, RMA'd it, or discovered something else that they were doing.

As far as your issue is concerned, did you try removing the SATA drive to see if your Live boots up and works fine without it?