MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dioe Sat May 27, 2017 6:06 pm
What are you getting out of your live??
This was in constant use as I have not one clue to what I'm doing :WTF: , but getting to know it. I drained it to.. 15% from 99%
By marctronixx Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 pm
stop and go use im getting officially published run times of 5 hours consistently.
By Lethius One Sat May 27, 2017 10:06 pm
Today I was able to get 5 hours just finger drumming with headphones. I loaded about 20 kits every hour or so and just cycled through them, so minimal use of the touch screen. This was in standalone mode only.
By Coz Sat May 27, 2017 11:28 pm
Hopefully someone will do a teardown so we can see what battery is inside. :popcorn:
By EnochLight Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:13 pm
Brochacho wrote:I leave my MPC Live plugged in. Is it okay to leave it charging like that?

Yes. It automatically stops charging at peak and keeps it topped off for when you're ready to unplug and go. Be aware that the battery level may show between 97% and 100% when it is fully charged. This is completely normal and within the specs of the battery.
By Bezo Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:45 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Brochacho wrote:I leave my MPC Live plugged in. Is it okay to leave it charging like that?

Yes. It automatically stops charging at peak and keeps it topped off for when you're ready to unplug and go. Be aware that the battery level may show between 97% and 100% when it is fully charged. This is completely normal and within the specs of the battery.
Good to know. With infrequent reasons to work outside the studio, my Live stays plugged in most of the time. I know a lot of battery charged products improved in this regard as of late. I still unplug mine once in a while due to old habits.
By r4nd0m Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm
Coz wrote:Hopefully someone will do a teardown so we can see what battery is inside. :popcorn:

the guys at MPC stuff did but didnt mention the battery details :Sigh: I get up to 7 hours of it
By kaydigi Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm
[quote="r4nd0m"][quote="Coz"]Hopefully someone will do a teardown so we can see what battery is inside. :popcorn:[/quote]

the guys at MPC stuff did but didnt mention the battery details :Sigh: I get up to 7 hours of it[/quote]

You get 7 hours, i'm jealous as hell, I have a launch live and only get around 4 and half hours.
By EnochLight Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:04 pm
r4nd0m wrote:I get up to 7 hours of it

Wow. That almost seems impossible. I mean, what are you doing on it for those 7 hours?