MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By starmanwarz Tue May 30, 2017 12:54 pm
Blue Monster 65 wrote:I think the two of them (Digitakt + MPC Live) would be a heckuva set up!

I think so too :nod:

I've been asking about how does everyone plan to use the DT+MPC combo but I'm not getting any answers :lol:

Just trying to figure out how the DT would benefit the MPC, some inspiration would be nice!

Either way, I'll be getting one because it's too sexy to pass up.. Also I have to experience the "Elektron hype" and see what's it's all about...
By jpeg Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 pm
like the purple buttons and the screen though line based looks pretty useful same; the octa tract screen looks pretty useful also but this one looks more vivid against the black background.

but i dot see the benefit of using this with the live cos the live can already do everything this can do.
By Ill-Green Tue May 30, 2017 5:51 pm
starmanwarz wrote:
I've been asking about how does everyone plan to use the DT+MPC combo but I'm not getting any answers :lol:

I think I answered that question like a hundred times last week at various forums, even in my Digitakt thread at Other Samplers forum.

To satify your curiosity, Digitakt is gonna be my bottom-bitch sampler churning out the beats and the MPC Live will be my DAW. Everything the Live does for sample editing is good for manipulating tracks and editing them too. At least thats the plan, both may work together at first but both may want to seperate and make productions on their own and if that happens, one will have to go :mrgreen:
By starmanwarz Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm
Yeah just found that other thread, some interesting posts there..

Anyways sounds good to me, I'll be trying something similar if I do decide to get the Live/X at some point. The way I'm looking at it right now, the DT will serve me as an instrument, while the Live/X will be the centerpiece of the studio.
By Ill-Green Tue May 30, 2017 6:46 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Yeah just found that other thread, some interesting posts there..

Anyways sounds good to me, I'll be trying something similar if I do decide to get the Live/X at some point. The way I'm looking at it right now, the DT will serve me as an instrument, while the Live/X will be the centerpiece of the studio.

Yeah that Digitakt is definitely an instrument, plug into the Live and manipulate further, its gonna be a joy :smoker: