MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Wed May 31, 2017 2:18 pm
I should have mine tomorrow or Friday, so I'll let you know how it pairs to the live. I plan on using the digi to sequence and sample some synths and use the mpc for mostly daw stuff but I'm into jamming on these things and have a raw setup for doing do. Was jamming last night and busted out an old sp-555 last night and can see how this is all coming together.

Keepin the sp555 in the mix going to prolly sequence I with digi or live,
Plan on the live doing all the tracking but will transition from live to digi with patterns. I'm just to used to the mp work flow.

Just need to make some connections in my area and ill be beating the crap outta these soundsystems...

just moved. Lol
By Ill-Green Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 pm
Just was about to walk out the door to make some deliveries and UPS shows up at the same time to deliver this to me.

Its built old school style, like a tank! All metal, ABS plastic buttons that feel like a cash register, tact switches are metal in metal springs. Only played with it for 5 minutes in headphones but it feels like a Roland SP box in some ways and an MPC in another. At least thats my impression for now, I never used an Elektron device so this my first venture, will come back with feedback soon.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:07 pm
same here just got mine. definitely the old school vibe to it. Just using it alittle before work and it has an old school work flow to it as well. I am new to elektron so im learning to use the sequencer with the stock sounds, some are kind of cool, others are tinny and weak.

So far it seems like an old asr-10 or something with its work flow. Just not as nearly complex as that keyboard was. Easy manipulation of samples and decent effects, even if only a few from what I can tell.

A LOT different than the mpc, but in a very good way. I think this has potential to be the best companion to the live especially after seeing some videos of using it to control some synths with midi. I will dig in deeper this weekend, but right now Im seeing using this sequencer to program at least one synth and the sp-555. I think the digi and sp-555 is going to be a killer combo as well. the sp finally gets a sequencer that does it justice and it all can be tracked into the live and more patterns and layers can be added from there.

MAD EXCITED> :smoker:
By starmanwarz Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:24 pm
Lucky guys, I'm jealous! I wish I had mine before the weekend, Monday is a national holiday here and I'd have 3 days to play with it.. Gotta wait til Wednesday for mine!