MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Automageddon Wed May 31, 2017 9:46 am
Something I couldn't find online or in the manual, is there a way to use the USB ports to send midi out to a class compliant device like the Waldorf Blofeld or Craftsynth?
By starmanwarz Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 am
Taken from Akai's website:

Can I plug a USB MIDI controller into the USB ports of the MPC Live?

The USB ports on the MPC Live have a variety of uses. They can be used to transfer files on and off of the MPC Live, as extra storage, and as input for USB MIDI controllers.

If you have a class compliant MIDI controller (one that does not require drivers), you will be able to plug it directly into an available USB port on the MPC Live and control MIDI information in the embedded system software.
By Automageddon Wed May 31, 2017 10:40 am
That is talking about signal coming via USB INTO the MPC , I'm taking about signals via USB OUT from the MPC.
By starmanwarz Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 am
You want to be able to control your synths from your MPC, am I getting this right? You can do that, via USB.

EDIT: forget the above, I'm almost certain you can't do that via USB, someone correct me if I'm wrong
Last edited by starmanwarz on Wed May 31, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Automageddon Wed May 31, 2017 10:48 am
I know I can do this via midi, I'm asking specifically if you can do this via USB.

I tried it already and it doesn't look like I can send midi to a synth connected to the USB port but I might be missing something.
By Moskwa96 Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:36 am
Automageddon wrote:I know I can do this via midi, I'm asking specifically if you can do this via USB.

I tried it already and it doesn't look like I can send midi to a synth connected to the USB port but I might be missing something.

Confirm that , there is a problem with sending midi out to USB. I have the same issue with Roland jp-08 synth. MPC Live can read usb midi in , but not sending usb midi out.

Its shame because midi over usb is very convinient way to link MPC Live to modern gear trough single wire.
By theCOO Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:11 pm
Moskwa96 wrote:
Confirm that , there is a problem with sending midi out to USB. I have the same issue with Roland jp-08 synth. MPC Live can read usb midi in , but not sending usb midi out.

Its shame because midi over usb is very convinient way to link MPC Live to modern gear trough single wire.

how did you end up connecting your JP-08 to your MPC in the end? i'm assuming a MIDI cable to control the JP-08, but did you route the audio from the synth back into the Live?
By Moskwa96 Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:57 pm
theCOO wrote:
Moskwa96 wrote:

how did you end up connecting your JP-08 to your MPC in the end? i'm assuming a MIDI cable to control the JP-08, but did you route the audio from the synth back into the Live?

I did not, only midi route. Jp-08 can sends audio to computer, but not to the MPC Live.
By sleesmpc Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:03 pm
I tried with my monologue. This does not work, it's something Akai will have to write in the software. When I asked about it on the Akai forum, a rep told me iusb was for input and to use the 5pin for output
By aortan Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:47 pm
This would be SO nice! Imagine controlling an OP-1 or another small synth directly via USB!
Did anyone submit this as a feature request?
By Automageddon Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:16 pm
aortan wrote:This would be SO nice! Imagine controlling an OP-1 or another small synth directly via USB!
Did anyone submit this as a feature request?

I did, but the more the marrier!
By aortan Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Cool! Will definitely submit this as well when I receive the unit and have access to feature requests.