MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:56 am
Mine occasionally flickers as well, it seems to be a software issue IMO, probably relating to the dimming options as if I go into Preferences and change that parameter it immediately fixes it. But it can occur for both 'day' and 'night' settings. Certainly makes these machines unsuitable for epileptics....
By Danoc Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 am
I don't get that and hope not to. Wtf is going on with these machines.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 am
You got a faulty unit then my friend...Mine only flickers one time when booting and it's an expected behavior as i was told from AKAI..You should contact support
MPC-Tutor wrote:Mine occasionally flickers as well, it seems to be a software issue IMO, probably relating to the dimming options as if I go into Preferences and change that parameter it immediately fixes it. But it can occur for both 'day' and 'night' settings. Certainly makes these machines unsuitable for epileptics....
By rageone Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:38 am
+1, noticed flicker at startup... but i could live with that
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:30 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:You got a faulty unit then my friend...Mine only flickers one time when booting and it's an expected behavior as i was told from AKAI..You should contact support
MPC-Tutor wrote:Mine occasionally flickers as well, it seems to be a software issue IMO, probably relating to the dimming options as if I go into Preferences and change that parameter it immediately fixes it. But it can occur for both 'day' and 'night' settings. Certainly makes these machines unsuitable for epileptics....

Not convinced it's hardware related, it's only happened a 3 or 4 times and when I've gone to preferences the dimming setting is blank (instead of showing NIGHT or DAY). Seems to be a random bug IMO, but I'll raise it with Akai if it continues, I've already submitted it as a bug report just in case.
By DonnyDank Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:02 am
In the few months working with the Live, I have seen it 2 to 3 times.
I guess it's just a bug though.
By Coz Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Certainly makes these machines unsuitable for epileptics....

:lol:

I haven't had any flickering but a few times I've loaded projects and no audio will play. :hmmm:
By BBB Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 am
Quality control seems to be sub par... damn :/
By aes-one Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:10 am
Since changing settings to "Night" mode, the only time I notice screen flickering is when the screen dims. I will notice the screen flickering while dimmed, but this happens pretty rarely. I think its only happened 2 or 3 times after a few weeks of nearly daily use. I also believe I notice it in both standalone and controller mode...

Either way it doesn't seem like a big deal at all, and sounds like it is something that can be fixed via software. so hopefully they fix it someday.
By aes-one Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:47 pm
sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i wanted to check back in on this issue because i am STILL experiencing it. it goes away when you select "Night" or "Day" mode in the brightness settings, but for some reason it forgets your selection after a while (I'm not sure what triggers this) and you have to go back and select night or day mode again.

not a huge deal but its just pretty annoying. was hoping they fixed it by now.
By kaydigi Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:33 am
aes-one wrote:sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i wanted to check back in on this issue because i am STILL experiencing it. it goes away when you select "Night" or "Day" mode in the brightness settings, but for some reason it forgets your selection after a while (I'm not sure what triggers this) and you have to go back and select night or day mode again.

not a huge deal but its just pretty annoying. was hoping they fixed it by now.

Did you apply the new firmware?