MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dorsey Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 pm
Hey guys how can turn a midi track into a chord progression on mpc live?
Can it only be done in software?
If so how can it be transferred into the live standalone?

Thanks a lot!
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:44 pm
dorsey wrote:Hey guys how can turn a midi track into a chord progression on mpc live?
Can it only be done in software?
If so how can it be transferred into the live standalone?

Converting a MIDI track to a progression file can only be done in the computer. I don't think it's currently possible to transfer custom progressions to the standalone as we don't have access to the internal drive (and may never have it).

More to add to the list of missing 'standalone' features.
By cmackg Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 pm
I need to check, it may be that progressions run with a project -- I have a set for one of my projects, and thought I saw them on the version I copied to my SSD drive. At work now, so can't be certain.....
It would definitely suck if those got lost.

But yeah, the process of creating them "in the day" on V 1.9.x was pretty simple with a MIDI file.
By cmackg Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:40 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Progressions are stored in a separate 'Progressions' folder alongside the expansions 'Content' folders all within the MPC's application support folders, they are not stored with the projects.

Yep -- took a look at my project. It's progressions are not on the stand-alone version. That sucks.