MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By chino Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:42 pm
marctronixx wrote:In regards to if one needs a printed manual...

Well, there's something to be able to have a physical manual to flip through. My eyes are old and tired and i dont like scrolling and pinching to view things on screens, so for me (And im not alone) it's nice to have a paper manual to flip through.

+1 :nod:

I usually print off 2 copies of the manual. One for myself so that I can write in/highlight important key functions and one to include in the original box - when and if I decide to sell the equipment.
By PaddyWhack Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:12 pm
chino wrote:
marctronixx wrote:In regards to if one needs a printed manual...

Well, there's something to be able to have a physical manual to flip through. My eyes are old and tired and i dont like scrolling and pinching to view things on screens, so for me (And im not alone) it's nice to have a paper manual to flip through.

+1 :nod:

I usually print off 2 copies of the manual. One for myself so that I can write in/highlight important key functions and one to include in the original box - when and if I decide to sell the equipment.

Oh yes, one for me to scribble in, coffee mug stains, highlight pens, etc. And the other pristine one to put away for the next owner, who trusts he's just bought little-used, indoor-use only, pet-free, non-smoker...

Flippancy aside, paper manuals I like the feel of. PDFs are great for quick searches, updates. Like also video tutorials: Yes! Put me down for our host's Live tutorial when it arrives!
By Fanu Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:25 pm
A decent manual does make a difference.
Octatrack manual isn't the greatest in the world, to be honest (there is one written by a user, actually, as the original is so bad)…some things could've been expressed way better, and some phrases are just really damn hard to understand.
OT is a pretty complex device anyways, and the manual isn't helping that much.
By nickberth Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:15 am
If that offer install open, send me an email and let me know relevant further details. I'm located in the UK and I'm definitely interested. Cant understand how some people find that expensive!