MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lethius One Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:12 pm
It seems to be working fine. I was having the controller screen issues other members were having during the 1.9 update, That is no longer happening.

I'm still up in the air about selling it, it is a lot easier to throw in my bag with my surface pro vs. lugging the Live around.
Last edited by Lethius One on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By sbtst6 Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:57 am
Also, Curious to how it works with the Studio Black. Been waiting, forever since i seen it in the "Akai Professional New Products 2016"pdf. Upon reading several post, Im guessing Studio Black owners have to pay for 2.0?? With that "New Product 2016" pdf, i was under the impression that It would be available for Studio Black owners also... They put the "Studio Black" & "2.0 Software" announcement on the same page... But I guess they can ignore cause its JUNE 2017 :WTF:
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:49 pm
sbtst6 wrote:Upon reading several post, Im guessing Studio Black owners have to pay for 2.0?? With that "New Product 2016" pdf, i was under the impression that It would be available for Studio Black owners also... They put the "Studio Black" & "2.0 Software" announcement on the same page...

The full 2.0 release is going to be available for the Studio black, but you'll have to pay (unless you've bought the Studio within 4 months of 2.0 release).

At NAMM 2016 Akai actually stated that 2.0 would be a paid upgrade for everyone. That 'New products 2016' brochure never said 2.0 would be free for Studio owners, so not sure how people are coming to that conclusion just because they were on the same page in the brochure.

I do think they've handled this all very poorly, but when it comes to Akai that's really no surprise. The whole 'bought within 4 months' thing is particularly poor considering the extended delay in release which is down to them entirely, they should have set a specific cut off date instead.
By sbtst6 Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:21 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
sbtst6 wrote:Upon reading several post, Im guessing Studio Black owners have to pay for 2.0?? With that "New Product 2016" pdf, i was under the impression that It would be available for Studio Black owners also... They put the "Studio Black" & "2.0 Software" announcement on the same page...

The full 2.0 release is going to be available for the Studio black, but you'll have to pay (unless you've bought the Studio within 4 months of 2.0 release).

At NAMM 2016 Akai actually stated that 2.0 would be a paid upgrade for everyone. That 'New products 2016' brochure never said 2.0 would be free for Studio owners, so not sure how people are coming to that conclusion just because they were on the same page in the brochure.

I do think they've handled this all very poorly, but when it comes to Akai that's really no surprise. The whole 'bought within 4 months' thing is particularly poor considering the extended delay in release which is down to them entirely, they should have set a specific cut off date instead.

Totally Agree with you!!!! The 4 month thing does put me out of range now considering the delay on there end. :?