MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cmackg Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:44 am
I have some nice stuff in the iPad, thought I could use the Live to play them through USB. Nolove, the live doesn't send midi over USB, or I'm missing something. Anyone get these two working together?
By Wormhelmet Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:43 am
Not sure on midi over usb out, but if you get a lightning to midi adapter, it will give you a aolid midi in/out and just use a midi out from the Live to send to ipad.

It works pretty good. I have two ipads - one goes on a dock with midi and audio i/o and then I have an iConnectivity lightning to midi adapter for my other ipad. I mostly use the 2nd one for Beatmaker 2 and sending multiple midi channels out to my Virus synth which is 16 part multitimbral. I open up empty keyboard instruments in BM2 and send the midi to the Virus. BM2 is great for sequencing external synths.

Beatmaker 2 is one of the few multitimbral capable apps.
By Mikepepp2004 Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:19 am
I use my live with Korg gadget iPad with griffin studio connect. Each gadget can have separate midi channel . I also use live with Korg gadget on my mac by midi. Awesome combo.
By Wormhelmet Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:17 am
Mikepepp2004 wrote:I use my live with Korg gadget iPad with griffin studio connect. Each gadget can have separate midi channel . I also use live with Korg gadget on my mac by midi. Awesome combo.

The dock I have is a Griffin dock. Works like a champ.

Tons of great iOS apps that will sync or work as sound modules. You could also slave the mpc live to midi time clock and stayed synced with any of the multitrack apps. Auria and I believe Cubasis also have some synth plugins and can run as master.

Double touch screens, double battery capable with ipad and MPC Live.

Get something like an iLoud bluetooth and route the audio from one to the other, then have single output into the iLoud. 10 hour battery life on iLoud and thumps 40 watts rms with great dynamic range.
By Wormhelmet Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:54 am
Thats the one I have. Fits anything with lightning connector