MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:00 pm
I am trying to sync the live to other equipment but all I have been able to control was notes and program those notes on the mpc. I want to use the live as the master changing the tempo and syncing the other units, but wasn't able to yesterday. I read the manual but it doesn't offer much other than say you can do more in software.

Has anybody used the live as a master to say another drum machine or synth? It was a no brainier on the other mpcs I have or used before in their midi or global settings in the menu.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:06 pm
I found what i was looking for in the preferences menu there is a sync tab. Wasn't thinking to look there, still learning the new os. Hopefully this can help anyone else who runs into similar problems.

It's in the menu section, right next to the save project button (looks like a gear), then hit the sync and figure out what you will need.

Everything locked in tight and good to go.