MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By modd Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:36 pm
Alrighty then i'll have to wait till it's more stable, so i can go all out with it and produce some goods. Until then what would be a good standalone recommendation ?
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:06 pm
modd wrote:Alrighty then i'll have to wait till it's more stable, so i can go all out with it and produce some goods. Until then what would be a good standalone recommendation ?

Digitakt :twisted:
By Wormhelmet Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:19 pm
modd wrote:Alrighty then i'll have to wait till it's more stable, so i can go all out with it and produce some goods. Until then what would be a good standalone recommendation ?

How do you currently make music?

These might get stuff fixed in a hurry or might not, but going out and buying another standalone leaves you in the same situation as now with the MPC - it doesn't have everything implemented now as they advertised, but neither does any other portable standalone have the MPC features.

Unless you have an ipad and want to hook up a 16 pad battery powered controller to an ipad and wait for Beatmaker 3 or use Beatmaker 2 as is, you won't find a portable with as many features.

Standalone drum machines that are smallish and portable with all the bells and whistles Akai promised just aren't around with exception of the upcoming Beatmaker 3.
By modd Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:30 pm
Right now i have mpk49 and a sp 404sx. I use logic and ableton. I learn pretty quick but i want something i can sample with and do good drum sequencing with and also portable. But out of my list of wants the push 2 and live had mostly what i wanted but seeing the live has bugs makes me ehh but i still want it. If it doesnt have a problem sampling and sequncing and hooking up turntables to sample then i export out to ableton to finish or make clips then i would consider getting it still. I want to eventually get into doing some live shows, i know people who own some parks that hold big music festivals in my hometown. I only use the 404 currently for sampling conversations and any sounds and the effects are dope on finished tracks or tracks that need some effects to be finished so those are my uses for it. I prefer the route of not using a computer till i need to make my clips or add some finishing touches to it. I dont really have a full workflow yet so im trying to develop one. I ont have full version of live yet either
By modd Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 pm
I usually get samples or sounds and use abetons simpler and start with that and then program my drums, then add some keys or anything needed ,add variations of clips and call it done. I dont really add hell of a lot of things. I do want to sample from some vinyl for sure and use of live instruments
By Fanu Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm
Ill-Green wrote:

Digitakt :twisted:

And if the workflow and Swedish engineering logic suit you, Octatrack, with way more features.
By modd Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:45 pm
What makes a 2kxl so great compared to 25k ? I know with the 25k you have more updated features and more functions but whats the great on the 2kxl?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:57 pm
modd wrote:What makes a 2kxl so great compared to 25k ? I know with the 25k you have more updated features and more functions but whats the great on the 2kxl?

Head over to the comparison forum and check out some of the topics about the XL and the 2500 and if you still need to ask questions on those models please start a topic in that sub forum as this forum is only for the MPC Live & X.
By Danoc Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:00 am
If lm correct wouldn't you want to move forward and not backwards? I love yhe 2000XL but that's old technology. The Kive and X is the new and future.

modd wrote:I usually get samples or sounds and use abetons simpler and start with that and then program my drums, then add some keys or anything needed ,add variations of clips and call it done. I dont really add hell of a lot of things. I do want to sample from some vinyl for sure and use of live instruments
By Living Bate Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:15 am
much as i love my 2kXL and have little time for the Live, i do think buying a 2kXL at this point in time is probably not the best idea (unless you get a really good deal)....

surely the best machines for creativity are the ones that limit you the least....just dont get caught up in the plastic sounds and cutting corners......you cant fake the funk....

as Braintax once said:

'original rules, new school tools'.....
By modd Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:28 pm
What didnt the mpc live come with that was suppose to be featured ? Im gonna get it anyways, it has mainly all i wanted and i could always load the project to a daw and finish it
By kaydigi Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:36 pm
modd wrote:What didnt the mpc live come with that was suppose to be featured ? Im gonna get it anyways, it has mainly all i wanted and i could always load the project to a daw and finish it

Realtime timestretch and pitch shift for programs. It's in the 2.0 software beta but not in the live.

Event List Editor, a way to edit/delete automation.
By modd Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 am
Glad to know, i thought it at least had pitch for sampling in stand alone. Im not up to date with everything with but i did see all of this in the ad videos before the release ? Im still gonna get it though, still fits my needs but all of that would make it even better of a product. Hopefully it will be added and if not the ill throw it in Ableton