MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By badhaddit Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 pm
Hey,

So in standalone there is no real time warping :/

My question is how did people get around this before warping with other mpcs ? Do you just play chops that are a different tempo then the project and experiment with the project bpm until it sounds good together?

I tried the destructive warp function it doesn't sound great.

Just wondering what people did do or still do to get around warping when it's not possible.

Thanks
By smellypants Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 am
badhaddit wrote:I appreciate your reply. Im not sure that works with multiple samples :/ I guess it could but would get super tricky to match key if they are different bpms to start.

Haha your funny man... How do you think its done then :hmmm:
By badhaddit Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 am
smellypants wrote:
badhaddit wrote:I appreciate your reply. Im not sure that works with multiple samples :/ I guess it could but would get super tricky to match key if they are different bpms to start.

Haha your funny man... How do you think its done then :hmmm:

please explain how you get 3 samples each at different tempos into the same key? if the pitch determines the lengths and they all require different pitches to fit properly, how would it be possible to match the key?
By SlowwFloww Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:58 am
Use timestretch..
If you want to change the key of a sample use pitch shift.. wich basicly is timestretching too...

Timestretch: change tempo, same pitch
Pitch-shift: change pitch, same tempo

http://www.thewhippinpost.co.uk/tools/t ... alculators
By Wal Martian Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:13 pm
badhaddit wrote:
smellypants wrote:Haha your funny man... How do you think its done then :hmmm:

please explain how you get 3 samples each at different tempos into the same key? if the pitch determines the lengths and they all require different pitches to fit properly, how would it be possible to match the key?

The 2000 classic doesn't even have timestretch, and you can't preview sounds programmed to pads while sampling. There isn't a workaround. You just need to use the sampler every day until you train your ear enough that it catches samples that will fit together from the jump.