MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Icepulse Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:00 am
The Live recognizes the OP-1 in data mode as an external HD, so you can back up, and transfer tracks / mixdowns to the MPC.

Just an FYI.
By Coz Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:11 am
It's been a while since I sold my OP-1 but that's pretty cool. Doesn't the OP-1 record to aiff at 24 bit 96k? How does the Live deal with that in standalone?
By Icepulse Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:33 am
Coz wrote:It's been a while since I sold my OP-1 but that's pretty cool. Doesn't the OP-1 record to aiff at 24 bit 96k? How does the Live deal with that in standalone?

It loads and plays em. I haven't gotten further than that! I remember hearing (from Masada, maybe) that the MPC plays well with many audio formats.
By paalsor Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:31 am
Yes. Thats very cool. A powerful combination.

It freezes my OP-1 when I eject the OP-1 disk from Live, so I have to restart OP-1. No showstopper really. A minor bug?
By aortan Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:44 pm
Wow, this is great news!! Thanks a lot for the tip.
Oh yes, syncing would be lovely. Also triggering notes... Imagine playing OP-1 synths with the MPCs velocity sensitive phat pads :worthy: