MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By golddope Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm
Please ,someone tell me I'm doing something wrong .

So say for example ,.. you're in clips mode ,you've got some good clips playing and you wanna play along on another track with say a midi synth or a drum program or anything on another track.
You can't ,the clips stop.
How bad is that ?
By BeatWilson Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:39 pm
It could be better to create a song in song mode and when that part of the song shows up you could play along on a track. Not overly sure about the clip launching section. I read there was a bug there though.

Or do it by having a loop going and muting out the groups/tracks, and progressively introducing them(un muting the tracks) and when that part come up you want to play, you could play it then.

Never been a big fan of clip launching but thats how i would do it on an older MPC.
By paalsor Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:19 pm
I got the same problem. But it worked for me when I recorded the clip launching into a track.
By golddope Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 pm
Right so if I record the clip performance I can use another set of clips say on another track or play an instrument from the pads ?
By BostonGreen Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:02 pm
yep you need to record the clip launches/mutes etc into onto a track, then you just leave that track playing whilst you switch to another track with your synth on to play along .....
By M.s Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:20 pm
Good start for clip launching for MPC but long way to go to even get close to Ableton. Maybe if they add clip recording via midi and audio.. mpc may gain some new fans. For now I wouldn't even play with mpc clips it's a joke.
By golddope Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:09 am
M.s wrote:Good start for clip launching for MPC but long way to go to even get close to Ableton. Maybe if they add clip recording via midi and audio.. mpc may gain some new fans. For now I wouldn't even play with mpc clips it's a joke.

Ive been playing for a few days now , especially with Clips and they are great ,now the only way to be creative on the live ,however recording clips I can have more than enough on the go ,all's well here man
By renegadebliss Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am
M.s wrote:Good start for clip launching for MPC but long way to go to even get close to Ableton. Maybe if they add clip recording via midi and audio.. mpc may gain some new fans. For now I wouldn't even play with mpc clips it's a joke.

Care to elaborate more? What does Live offer in Clip launching that the MPC doesn't? where does the mpc fail?
By kaydigi Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 pm
renegadebliss wrote:

Care to elaborate more? What does Live offer in Clip launching that the MPC doesn't? where does the mpc fail?

Follow actions and being able to enter midi notes in a clip are big ones.