MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:56 pm
For me to be really interested in a MPC live i would want the pads on the opposite side to the touch screen or to be able to flip the touch screen display upside down, does anyone know if this is possible? sure it could be an easy software option
By jpeg Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:22 am
Caustic Yoda wrote:For me to be really interested in a MPC live i would want the pads on the opposite side to the touch screen or to be able to flip the touch screen display upside down, does anyone know if this is possible? sure it could be an easy software option

why not just learn to use the pads on the left
By Caustic Yoda Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 am
well of course i could learn but i come from MPC2500 with pads organized in the middle, i play entire beats live with my right hand and tweak shit with my left, i can play the other way round but use left hand for tuntables keyboards and other stuff not really gonna buy a new mpc if its gonna send me backwards perfomance wise and it should be able to be flipped with a simple software fix to turn the touch screen upside down, i will wait till its out of beta and theres more options, im actually left handed but have learnt to play this way cuz i makes most sense to me but as most of the population are right handed the layout of this mpc seems backwards anyway
By BeatWilson Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:40 am
+1 On this!!! I feel the exact same way. They have had the pads on the right for so long with the q links on the left its weird they did it this way, but I'm willing to get used to it and drum better with my opposite hand for live performance/routines.

If they could do it up like an iPhone/Samung phone/tablet where the software could go upside down, I am all for this!
By zangetsu01 Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:34 am
Or trow in some more $$$ and get the 'X'. (Not saying that the difference in price is justified)
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:51 am
Even if possible, you'll have cables out toward you, be akward.

So think like this, if the right side of the brain is the creative side, then the left hand is its extension.