MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By pitir Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:36 am
I remember seeing a demo video with Andy Mac showing it was possible to sample with effects, but I can't figure it out. I've tried record audio tracks with effects but it just record the raw incoming signal, as in sampling mode. It's not possible to bounce audio tracks to sample, as you can in midi/program mode. That would have been great. I'm not a big fan of resampling and re-trimming etc.
By golddope Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:40 am
It's easy mate ,go into the sampler and select the master out ,outs 1/2 I think ,just play the sample with effects on and it should appear in the level meter on the sampler ,the assign it a pad
By pitir Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:50 am
Yeah, thats resampling, but I wanted to record samples straight in with effects. I've tried it for an hour last night but a minute after posting I figured it out...
I created a new audio track with the effects I wanted and turned on the monitoring, then I routed it to the sampler by switched the input to resampling. So obvious with a clear mind haha
Last edited by pitir on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Automageddon Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm
According to the manual, effects are applied before sampling, so if you go to the sampler page, choose your inputs and add effects, those will be applied directly.
By pitir Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:25 pm
This is getting more and more embarrassing! I can't belive how I overlooked that. Thanks, and sorry!