MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By golddope Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:47 pm
Hi ,
I'm using a bass station 2 as a keyboard ,
I can't use it connected via USB as the bass station goes crazy ,lots of filtering and controllers changing ,so ,
Using plain old midi ,everything works ,except the pitch bend wheel and mod wheel .
I know the bass station hasn't any issues ,is there a setting I've missed ?
By midilifestyle Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:52 pm
Wait: you're getting things on the MPC to change via a midi keyboard? So it IS possible. I've been pissed about the total inability to adjust parameters on the mpc via external midi. It sounds like you're seeing that happen.

Unfortunately it's happening in a way we can't see or control. That sucks. A simple midi assignment scheme is all that's needed to take this thing to the level they're trying to tell us it's at (i.e. a standalone production workstation that covers the same ground as something like maschine or the beatmaking iPad apps)
By J.O.BEATS Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:35 pm
No pitch bend/mod wheel with oxygen 8 also

I also have no midi out control when in controller mode only stand alone
By ChrisPy171078 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 am
Hello,

I have also Problems with Pitchbend...i use Yamaha s90 es as Masterkey...sometimes no Pitchbenddata is passing through external Synths, sometimes i see pitchbend to the max and there it stays...
Is there any answer from Akai for that Problem. Did they recognice that? If they dont fix it, i think i cant use this maschine for long...
By marctronixx Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:15 pm
This keyboard works with the pitch wheel and mod wheel. I see the values being recognized. This is also post update as well.
By ChrisPy171078 Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:30 am
I tried yesterday with a Moog Sub37 - Same Problems. Modwheel works, Pitchbend doesnt work correctly...its very bad for me, because everything else with this maschine is perfect. Is there some place to post this bug for akai?
By mogwai Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm
I tested mine with 3 different synths and have the same issue. If recognizes it then stay fixed and I have to turn the MPC and the synths off.
Critical and, as far as I know, well known bug and no solutions from Akai
By TagPass Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:14 pm
mogwai wrote:I tested mine with 3 different synths and have the same issue. If recognizes it then stay fixed and I have to turn the MPC and the synths off.
Critical and, as far as I know, well known bug and no solutions from Akai

Can confirm what you and others are reporting. Pitch bend is not being received or transmitted correctly at the MPC X MIDI ports (tested with Korg OASYS, Moog Little Phatty, and Bass Station II). Mod wheel works correctly.

If I move the pitch stick on the OASYS all MIDI notes are transposed up or down, and there the pitch remains. The stick/bend wheels only work the first time you use them -- moving the stick after the transposition doesn't do anything. For me this is happening whether using external hardware devices or internal instrument programs.

However, I did discover that if I go to Program Edit -> LFO Modulation, and adjust the Pitch Bend setting (to any value), I can then use the pitch stick one more time to "reset" the pitch without shutting down any devices.

Either way, this is an issue that I'm frankly surprised made it past initial beta testing with these units. I know whenever I demo a lead or bass synth, I almost instinctively reach for the bender, so hopefully this issue can be fixed in an update very soon.
By Cockdiesel Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:00 pm
Prolly because it's not an issue with every controller. My akai keyboard works find, same with the keystep I got. However if I plug the key step into the bottom USB the pitch bend isn't sent??? Not sure how that is even possible.
By loekazz Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 pm
I've lost some precious time on figuring out this is just a pitch bend bug of the AKAI MPC LIVE indeed. Starting gigs with this machine already next week, it's the first time I use an MPC so no back-up / older solution.

They should realize these machines are also used by professionals who want a sturdy / finished and reliable product, and not having to act as a beta-tester during the preparation and performance of their live gigs all the time. Especially for this amount of money.

Very basic functionality, like sending pitch bend messages, should be no issue at all and checked prior to release a product of this kind.

To many times new products get launched these days without being properly finished / checked, at least that's the impression I get more and more...

Though still happy to have this piece of hardware, but AKAI, I hope you check things better before release of a new product next time. It's not good publicity, especially not towards new customers. The first experience should be a very good one, without any struggles or flaws, at least major ones or basic functionality...